FOR SALE - 1 Heck of an aucion in IA!

Wow.  If only you had a Crystal ball to tell you whether anything will be affordable or bid to outrageous prices like the Chevy Dealer's auction.  When you live several states away, that's a big waste of time if everything goes crazy. 

He has alot of cars on my Bucket list and runner up bucket list. 

Remember the VanDerBrink Auction two years ago with the very large crowed and the prices through the roof. I think I will stay away from this one. You will be lucky to get near the cars to inspect them with the people that it will attract. 

Thanks for posting this, Dave.

Looks like a good accumulation, and an excellent auction!

If anyone ever wondered where various cars were

that might have been at shows in the 1980's,

I suspect they are in places, large or small, like this.

For convenience, here's some information copied from their internet site.

If anyone goes, let's get a good report!

HUGE COLLECTOR CAR & ANTIQUE TRACTOR COLLECTION

Monday, June 26th through Friday, June 30th at 8:00 A.M. all 5 days!

Sale to be held on the farm near Yarmouth, Iowa.

This entire auction will be held on the Gabeline family farm, which is located just outside the small town of Yarmouth, IA

(population 78). Yarmouth, IA is located in southeast Iowa (20 miles northwest of Burlington, IA; 15 miles northeast of Mt.

Pleasant, IA; 70 miles southwest of the Quad Cities; or 150 miles southeast of Des Moines, IA.)

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

1 hour ago, First Born said:

Can you say " a kid in a candy store?".  Makes me wonder what this fellow did for a living. Sure did not have much time for working.

Ben

Well he was either a politician or a successful business man that filled a niche nicely where he could kind of let someone run a portion of the business so he had time for his toys. 

He was more than a hoarder though like some of the guys who got stuff when it wasn't worth anything, as quite a few of the cars look to have been nicely rebuilt.  Not real common with alot of the hoarders.  Usually they have a bunch of unfinished projects in various states of disrepair or disassembly. 

I think with alot of the toys and signs that he did get them when they were just used. 

The cars look like he spent good money on to make nice.  That means he had to be successful at something that generated a nice discretionary income unless he had a rich relative that left him a nice inheritance. 

I'm still searching for my long lost relative.  They forgot to inform me of my inheritance. ;)

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Is this maybe the gentleman?

http://www.elliottfuneralchapel.com/obituary/157645/Robert-Gabeline/

Robert L. Gabeline, 86, of Yarmouth died September 3rd at Great River Klein Center in West Burlington. He was born February 22, 1930 in Burlington to Dale Dewey and Edna Weinrich Gabeline. He was a 1948 graduate of Yarmouth High School and was a member of Yarmouth Methodist Church. Following high school, he was drafted into the army, serving in the 1st Infantry Division during the Korean War in the "Bloody 1 Unit". On December 15, 1951, he married Donna Lee Dodds at the Yarmouth Methodist Church. She died February 14, 2010. 
Bob was a "man's man". He was raised on a farm close to Yarmouth in Des Moines County, and was a stellar example of what hard work and perseverance could accomplish. It was nothing to drive by his office at midnight and see him at his desk, talking to his farmhands or truck drivers, still hard at it. Bob farmed thousands of acres stretching from Oakville to Batavia, and south to Farmington. He owned a fleet of Mack semis, owned elevators in Yarmouth, Mt. Pleasant, Salem, Hillsboro and Clear Lake. He owned a Versatile tractor and GMC truck dealership in Winfield, and built his own fertilizer plant in Yarmouth. Bob was best known for the custom hot rods he and Leonard Boecker worked side by side to build. Bob once hosted the Good Guys Hot Rod Tour at his house and put his cars and trucks out for everyone to see. His wisdom and generosity touched the lives of hundreds of people. 
He was a member of the Corn Growers Association, Soybean Association, Cattleman's Association, "Good Guys" and Farm Bureau. 
He ran the Great American Race across the US many times along with his best friend Larry Siegworth. He enjoyed car shows, gardening, landscaping and trees, family dinners and especially loved Christmas.
Survivors include sons Mike Gabeline, Dan (Amy) Gabeline, both of Yarmouth, and David (Diane) Gabeline of Danville; one daughter, Teri (Jeff) Wilkerson of Morning Sun; eleven grandchildren and many great grandchildren; and one sister, JoAnn (John) Waters of Bakersfield, California; and nieces and nephews. Besides his wife, Donna Lee, he was preceded in death by his parents and sisters, Kathryn Hundt, Evelan Jarvis and Roberta Bliesener, and his special friend Pat Parsons. 
The funeral service for Robert Gabeline will be Thursday, September 8 at 10:00 AM at the Yarmouth Methodist Church with Reverend Brian Swafford officiating. Visitation will begin at noon Wednesday at Elliott Chapel, New London with the family receiving friends from 4 to 8 PM. Burial with military rites by the Henry County Honor Guard will be at Trinity Cemetery, Mt. Union. Immediately following the burial, the family will host a Celebration of Life reception at the Robert Gabeline Trucking Shop. A memorial has been established for the Cascade Falls Community at Klein Center, West Burlington.

Farm subsidy information - http://farm.ewg.org/addrsearch.php?z=1&zip=52660&page=0

Gabeline Family Farms    Yarmouth, IA 52660    Subsidy cumulative 1995-2014 = $ 3,399,260.27

http://www.starvingfarmer.com/person/gabeline-family-farm-s-9709-ia-87 the Starving Farmer

Guest Carmantodd

i have had the priviledge of viewing this entire collection over the past 4 months. unbelievable!! great cars from show ready to driver quality to great survivor cars. there are also a huge amount of collectables. bob gabeline was a "car guy" of the highest caliber. this is a must see event. there is something in this collection for everyone.