Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale (Jan.) Rivieras

Chimera

Remember the Gooding auction exactly one year ago when this 65 GS went for $110,000 plus commission = $121,000- world record I suspect . I had registered to bid but never had a chance to raise my paddle as two guys in front of me kept their hands raised continually with  bids starting at $50k and going up in $10 K increments until it hit $110 and the other guy bailed  ! Very nice car with most everything correct except a few minor things ( carpet color and few little things under the hood that were no big deal)  . When I went to look at it the day before the auction , there were 5-10 people going all over this car the entire time I was there . Should have not even registered to bid after seeing that . Nice ones bring the bucks and the 1st ,2nd and 3rd Riviera's have a bright future for appreciation over the next few years IMHO. 

KReed

ROA 14549

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A few minutes ago I watched a triple black, loaded `65 Bonneville convertible with a transplanted 421 HO 4 speed driveline go thru Russo and Steele for over $80K..about $90K with buyers commission. The car was drop dead gorgeous, a show quality car. I spoke with the consigner and he expected the car to reach $60K. I expected it to creep into the $40K range but 2 bidders entered into a bidding war and ran the bid from the lower $40`s to the final price. That doesnt mean any other `65 Bonneville is worth that much. I spoke with the losing bidder after the auction and he volunteered to me he was aware the bidding rose to twice the car`s probable value but his late father had a triple black Bonny just like it so the sky was the limit...almost. It takes many consistent auction results to diminish unusual circumstances such as this and to establish a reliable trend.

Tom Mooney

Hello to all the Riviera gang members. I want to introduce myself as a first time poster and member to this forum.

I happen to be the person that purchased the  Black 65 Riviera at Barrett Jackson last Friday, docket #971.

My bid of 59K got me this beautiful car. It's as nice as the photos show. I flew down from Canada just to bid on this car and was not going home without it..

Look forward to this forum in the future. Hope this helps everyone with there 65 values in the future.

I really feel that the 63-65 Rivs are the next big thing in the luxury collector car craze.

Hope this answers the curiosity question of the Barrett Riv.....

Thanks.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devjas said:

Hello to all the Riviera gang members. I want to introduce myself as a first time poster and member to this forum.

I happen to be the person that purchased the  Black 65 Riviera at Barrett Jackson last Friday, docket #971.

My bid of 59K got me this beautiful car. It's as nice as the photos show. I flew down from Canada just to bid on this car and was not going home without it..

Look forward to this forum in the future. Hope this helps everyone with there 65 values in the future.

I really feel that the 63-65 Rivs are the next big thing in the luxury collector car craze.

Thanks.....

We'll look forward to hopefully see it in person someday.  Congratulations.

1 hour ago, Devjas said:

Thanks.....

Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful, honest and well optioned Riv...I can see a pristine wood grain wheel and a set of GS spinner hubcaps in your future!

Tom Mooney

1 hour ago, Devjas said:

Thanks.....

Black is beautiful! Congrats!

IMG_4578.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Devjas said:

Thanks.....

Yes, Congratulations! It does look like a beautiful Riviera! And as was said, Enjoy the car! 

That is one gorgeous 65! Love the black/black combo . You made a good buy - couldn't possibly restore one for that price . Invariably you will find a few things to tweek once you get it but looks like all the major things are in good shape . Enjoy and welcome to the forum. 

KReed

ROA 14549