Posting Pre-War cars for sale

MrEarl

I've noticed a few prewar car for sale posts here and unless you just think there are already enough prewar enthusiasts, please consider posting them in the Buick Buy/Sell forum so more might see.  

Thanks

Your friendly moderator, still buzzin from Halloween candy sugar overload

• Like 1

Hi MrEarl,

I posted something about a couple of '37 Buicks here because I didn't think it was a legit car for sale ad. 2 1/2 months after I saw the cars FS it seemed likely they would have sold. Well, I up and called the dealer and they're still there, so I'll put it on the BUICK Buy Sell Forum. It'll take a while. Not my cars, but I did drive all the way to Missouri to look at them and some others. We spent more time looking at the junkyard out back and the friend with me on this expedition nearly bought a '62 Rambler Flathead Six. Coolest car there was a '56 DeSoto Firedome w/ less than 30,000 miles.

I remember reading about 2 Buicks FS on the Buick Forums a couple of years ago N of Kansas City and these are them (same license plate).

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Come on guys, I'm still seeing prewar cars for sale posted here instead of in the Buy/Sell. It's fine to advertise just parts here but don't you think it would be better to attract more Buick enthusiasts into the prewar ranks by giving everyone a shot up in B/S. 

I like seeing the pre-war stuff advertised here. Have zero interest in looking at 50+ ads for 50's - 80's cars & parts to see one or two pre-war ads buried amongst them. I suggest adding a Pre-War Buy/Sell section if you don't want it here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Come on guys, I'm still seeing prewar cars for sale posted here instead of in the Buy/Sell. It's fine to advertise just parts here but don't you think it would be better to attract more Buick enthusiasts into the prewar ranks by giving everyone a shot up in B/S. 

Is there anything wrong with posting in both places? 

• Like 1

Just now, Buick64C said:

Is there anything wrong with posting in both places? 

Nothing at all and I was going to suggest that.  And the complete ad doesn't have to necessarily be copied and pasted, just post a link in one to the other.  

16 minutes ago, JerryVan said:

I like seeing the pre-war stuff advertised here. Have zero interest in looking at 50+ ads for 50's - 80's cars & parts to see one or two pre-war ads buried amongst them. I suggest adding a Pre-War Buy/Sell section if you don't want it here.

And I understand that JerryVan, all I am trying to get at is I think sometimes car  for sell ads are of interest to all members and may could even influence someone to seriously consider expanding their interests into another segment of the antique auto world. As it is I doubt seriously if many of the post war enthusiasts ever venture down here.  And again I'm not suggesting that parts ads be posted in Buy/Sell, only car sale ads.  And I will give your suggestion of adding separate prewar and post war ads some thought. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Oh my God! So I'm going to be starting off in third and slamming it into reverse if I were to buy that little 24 roadster aye!!??

Nah, when you start off in third, you will realize you are in third pretty quickly, and then you can just stay there once you  s l o w l y  get going.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

I like Buick 64C's shift pattern, but most prewar cars are like this:

2    R
├─┤

3    1

I guess it depends on which war you are talking about when you say prewar. I always think of prewar as being before WWII. I guess the term must mean pre WWI to some. I have never driven one with that shift pattern.

9 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

The reverse shift pattern does keep those of us with older Buicks on our toes! 

Just try driving a Model F Buick for a real training session.  It has three foot pedals and an outside shift lever!

What year is a Model F Buick?  Left hand drive?  I don't know if some early Buicks were right hand drive like some other makes I thought were...

On 11/16/2016 at 6:06 AM, MrEarl said:

Man, I read ALL the forum, top to bottom. I may skip some things, but not most. Even then I pretty much scan all of them.  Does that mean I am weird or something? Maybe that is why my engine is not getting changed!

Ben

• Like 1