New member from Kansas

Guest 1954 Buick

Guest 1954 Buick

Hello, Just checking in, Name is Jeff, and I am the owner of this barn find, a 1954 Buick Century, with 60K original on the clock. Was stored since 1977, I am having fun bring her back to life

002_zpszdzbvjjb.jpg

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. Be sure to scroll down and check out the Buick Forum. I sold my 1954 Buick Special after I bought my 1937 Buick Century but am still a fan of 54 Buicks. You will find quite a bit of 1954 Buick information and quite a few 54 Buick fans in the Buick Forum.  

Great find Jeff and welcome to the AACA. Your vehicle can be entered in the HPOF Class at any AACA Meet. It's a class for historic preservation of original cars. Make it safe and have fun with it.

Great find Jeff, welcome aboard!  Just FYI the old car world now really appreciates preserving original cars and your looks like one that will clean up and have a nice "patina" without requiring an expensive repaint, enjoy the cleanup, Todd C

Your Buick reminds me of what I always thought was a more affluent cousin but he didn't spend a lot of money on cars so I guess that was why he always seemed well off.  He did spend money on firearms, fireworks, and fishing trips.  The first car I remember him having was a '50 Chevrolet.  He traded it for a baby blue '54 Buick Special 4-door.  Traded the Buick for a copper and white '60 Chevrolet Impala Sport Sedan.  The last time I saw him was in '66 or '67 at his mom's funeral and I think he was still driving the '60 Impala.  I never saw him again after his mom was buried.