My 1964 Buick Riviera

neatname

Hey all,

New to the forum, if this is not in the correct location let me know and I'll gladly remove and repost!

Well I've wanted a Riviera since I was 15 years old, I saw one and bam! That was it, car lust. Over the past 14 years, I've owned a variety of old cars, but never a Rivi! It went normal as it does...one pops up for sale, no money..have the money, all way too expensive..till about 3 months ago. All the cards fell right..and I picked up my '64 Riviera!! Wahooo!! :)

I picked the car up from Boise ID, that was originally from Temecula, it now resides in Spokane WA. Nice desert life. The car is virtually rust free, with only some surface rust due to a carp paint job and the paint peeling.

Here are some photos, enjoy!

Z

453F98EB-5CF6-45FF-B6BE-B6DAFA56F299-489-00000094D4A0837F.jpg

First sight in person!

7781541B-C339-438C-A8D1-7A1C0D815E65-489-00000094ECE5ED80.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

1B3A9EED-B60F-4247-B72B-2AEBE9448B18-18328-0000090A4252707C.jpg

Hello Z,

That is a beauty! Do you know what the original color is. Possibly by the ID plate on the firewall? Thanks and enjoy your car!

It was originally the Silver Cloud..I hope to get it back to that original color, and redo some of the interior that is worn out..and maybe lower it just a bit.

Lucky You! Now you need to join the BCA & the ROA, which will give you access to lots of info and smart Riv experts,( most of whom are regulars here)who are always ready & able to answer just about any Riv question. You need to acquire a Buick shop manual & a body manual, and check out the online parts cataloges at CarsInc., Clarks Corvair, Classic Buick, & OPGI (although don't buy anything from the latter until you check with the forum) I also check out Ebay almost daily for parts for my '65, & have gotten some great bargains. Before you spend too much though, someone here on the forum probably has the part you need. look forward to hearing more from you, Drew

Lucky You! Now you need to join the BCA & the ROA, which will give you access to lots of info and smart Riv experts,( most of whom are regulars here)who are always ready & able to answer just about any Riv question. You need to acquire a Buick shop manual & a body manual, and check out the online parts cataloges at CarsInc., Clarks Corvair, Classic Buick, & OPGI (although don't buy anything from the latter until you check with the forum) I also check out Ebay almost daily for parts for my '65, & have gotten some great bargains. Before you spend too much though, someone here on the forum probably has the part you need. look forward to hearing more from you, Drew

If I may add to all of this good advice, I'd like to say that for the most part I've been able to find most of the OE type parts that I need from the classified listings in the ROA's bi-monthly magazine The Riview

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest onedesertdog

Nice find.

As was stated, welcome. This is a great place.

I especially like the second pic. Something beautiful about that b/w stark image.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice work. Did you do it all yourself? Basic mechanic's hand tools? Surely you took a lot of pictures of the process so you could show others how to do it. :)

Basic hand tools, solo mission. Didn't take many photos, but if someone is requesting, I could snap the "key" items for removal..

• 1 month later...
I don't want to. I've had some medical procedures and now the bills are flying in awfully fast..and they're not cheap.

Luckily, there hasn't been much interest..so I think it's meant to be.

One of these days......

Why don't you post it up in the BCA Buy/Sell here > http://forums.aaca.org/f117/

Guest Dialtone
I don't want to. I've had some medical procedures and now the bills are flying in awfully fast..and they're not cheap.

Luckily, there hasn't been much interest..so I think it's meant to be.

Well I hope everything works out for you. Health and Happiness