What Were They Thinking?

Taylormade

As I said, to each his own. Althought not original, maroon with black fenders would look great and at least captures the look of the period. Baby blue over sky blue might look okay on a large classic, but not on a DB in my opinion.

Ive seen worse, it would not have been my choice but I can see the effort that someone put into that thing. I see maybe 12-17 a more realistic figure partly because of the decided incorrect color combination.

Is this what happens when the 'more money than sense' principle is applied?

I guess there is no accounting for taste (or lack of it). They don't even know what model it is.

If you read the description there is an error with the date; it says "may be the best 1028 Dodge on the planet".....so that's what a medieval Dodge looked like!!:D

A fool and their money are soon parted so who is the bigger idiot? the guy who restored this car or the buyer?

I'm just going for a lie down in a darkened room now.:confused:

Ray.

I have quickly recovered from the culture shock and now think with a bit of work this could be made into a great car. I agree with you Bob. For a painter this is a doddle to fix. The interior could be re-done - perhaps just toned down a bit - and then you have a neat vintage car.

Ray.

Edited by R.White (see edit history)

I wonder if the Studebaker owner realizes that whoever raised the car up to photograph, crushed the driver's side engine splash apron? And that aftermarket bird on the hood needs to go as soon as possible. Whew! So much wrong with that description and car.

The '28 Dodge is not to my taste...almost looks like one of those "wedding cars"...I agree w/ Jim on the Stude....that the car would look better if the fenders were painted body color...also, wouldn't there be woodgrain on that dash in lieu of the red?...anyway, at least neither of the cars is rodded and although there is a lot of money in the paint both could be returned to an original color one day.