I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

43 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

Appears to be someone on a serious road trip.  Car covered in road grime.  Picture of the car with I would guess Washington state road sign. 

Can’t make the State displayed on the license plate, Ohio? East coast car way up there?

2 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

MrEarl,  1942 Roadmaster is my guess..  San Francisco?   I roamed those streets in the 60s, Navy days..

I’m jealous, them were the good days, I was there in the early 70’s, post Marines, all gone by then. 

Navy eh? That splains some moderated posts😁 Sorry......😁👍

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Can’t make the State displayed on the license plate, Ohio? East coast car way up there?

Does appear to be a OH plate.  I'm still thinking a road trip.  Pictures taken along the way with specific signs to show the car/owner was in a particular state.   Heck, my wife has be stop at state lines for a state she has not been so I can take a picture with her and the state welcome sign.   We humans do not change much do we.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I’m jealous, them were the good days, I was there in the early 70’s, post Marines, all gone by then. 

As I think you're aware, I'm a Navy brat :rolleyes: (dad was 30 year career Navy...'36 to '66, E8, Sr. Chief Gunners Mate and at one point a DI)!  I visited dad many times when he shipped out of or into San Francisco.  Also, my brother shipped out of there to go "in-country" twice in '70 to '73.  He was Army Engineers, Sp5, Heavy Equipment Operator.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Heck, my wife has be stop at state lines for a state she has not been so I can take a picture with her and the state welcome sign. 

This is a digression, but I once convinced a young lady that the state lines you saw projected on satellite weather maps were actually painted on the ground and visible from space.

She may not have been the sharpest tool in the drawer, but she more than made up for it in other areas. ;) 

Edited by KongaMan (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

On 12/31/2018 at 6:11 AM, MrEarl said:

022D4380-30E2-40CF-B663-4B8FA35F2546.jpegNo angle parking here and I find the steps peculiar? 

What year Buick?

Hey Earl, you need to get out more!  😄 Those steps are just how we get up and down the sidewalk here in SF.  This system of parking is still used on some of our streets, and I always get a kick out of the signs that are used to indicate perpendicular parking.  These signs are still used all over the city, despite the fact that the cars on the sign are clearly 30's or 40's models, split windshield and all!

sign.thumb.jpg.71e2f2d1bba2be688ad09cc778573560.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To keep this Buick related, I'd say the cars on the signs could easily be a '38 era Slantback considering the split windshield with a pretty low profile, the raised elongated hood that sort of converges towards a rounded point at the front, the long drawn out body design, and the cabin seems to be about the right shape and position BUT there are no lines depicting a bump out for a trunk hump, hence must be a slantback. :lol:

My curiosity and statement about the steps comes from my project management experience with attempting to make all the sidewalks and intersection ramps in Athens GA compliant with ADA. (Americans with Disabilities Act) Couldn't be done.  I suppose I should count my blessings for not having been a San Francisco Engineering Dept Project Manager. :D

BTW, if you ever run up on one of those signs done in paint vs 3M reflecto at an antique shop, pick it up for me, would love to have one. :)

Thanks for sharing @neil morse

On 12/31/2018 at 11:55 AM, MrEarl said:

Okay all you Jarheads and Swabbies.  Let's get something squared away.  This goes for you gravel agitators as well.

Jealousy is properly restricted to contexts involving emotional rivalry; envy is used more broadly of resentful contemplation of a more fortunate person. 

You're jealous when your girlfriend flirts with another guy.  You're envious when someone has a nicer car than you do.  😎

GN

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1