37 Indian - $40,000

Whizzer - $1000

13 Twin Thor - $47000

1904 Fabriqe National -$48000

1915 Harley single -$50000

1909 Sears -$57500

1911 Flying Merkel twin belt drive $175,000

Phil

Wow, what a few days. I can't wait to post a few special pictures! Some friends have bought a bunch of items and another friend lost out at a big number for a motorcycle. I got to bid for him and my knees were shaking. Got one item for myself and hope tomorrow I can grab a few other things that I absolutely do not have to have!:D

Back at the hotel and hope that I can grow some courage for tomorrow..who needs retirement income!

were these plates at the auction? I looked for them but could not find them. a straight run of number 1 motorcycle plates. boggles the mind how one could acquire them.

yes Lee did trade and /or sell motorycles. 2 Crockers came out of his place as did several other very rare early bikes

Here is a link to more of the results (page 68, where I finally got tired of reading)

The Lee Roy Hartung Collection - Auctions America

I thought the auction was all over the map. The high dollar collectors drove up the price of the few items they all wanted. Many more common items went surprisingly cheap. Lots of restorable Model A's went for $3000 or less, yet a small pile of "A" parts went for $1100. Some individual license plates sold for thousands, but a wall full of IL plates going back to the thirties sold for $200, averaging just over a buck each. I thought the '41 Continental for something like $2100 was quite a steal, "modifications" or not. Very interesting reading!

Edited by 490touring (see edit history)

This was an exciting auction and everyone, well almost everyone was on there toes for all the the 1500+ lots!:D Obvioulsy this guy had enough!!!

Tim, just realized that you took a picture of a lot I bought! I bought it primarliy for an item not included in the pictures and will sell all the stuff in the box with the Cleveland badge. Already sold the Masonic emblem and a Cadillac knob. There are some cool items left like the pull out lighters.

post-30866-143138724642_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve Moskowitz (see edit history)

I was disappointed to learn that a 4 cyl Hudson engine and transmission was in the auction and it sold on Sat.

I've been looking for a 1911 or 1912 Hudson 4 cyl model 33 engine and trans because I have a 1911 Hudson 33 torpedo touring project car and chassis that needs this powertrain. Who bought it?? Thanks

post-31787-143138724659_thumb.jpg

The auction is over, the excitement and hoopla gone, people have returned home with their "treasures", and when some of them wake up to reality in a few days, they're going to look at those 'treasures' that they just had to have and say..."I paid how much for that pile of junk???" :eek: ....B

Edited by Earl B.
left out a word (see edit history)

Not everyone! A YOUNG AACA member bought the twin nosed Lincoln. He plans to bring it to Hershey next year and got the added bonus of getting to meet the children of the man who made the car. They are going to give him a lot of documentation! Most people thought he bought it well.

One person I know bought a pile of junk. Almost listed that way. In it was one rare item that no one seemed to know about. Turns out it is VERY valuable and he will make a small fortune on the lot.

My junk, is going to help several people, as a few pieces have already been sold to people that have contacted me. They were not what I needed but what they needed so I was happy to let them go. The one piece I wanted turns out was made in 1909 and no one has ever heard of it before so I have one very, very rare brass era accessory.

Some prices seemed high to me and left me scratching my head but in the end it is not about the money if you bought something you needed or just plain wanted. After you are 6 feet under it does not matter too much about the bank account!

Anyone remember that cartoon of the old man on his deathbed, he looks up at his family and says "God I only wish I had bought more junk!!" :D

WE collect gas & oil stuff, and I occasionally set up to sell off the duplicates, always indicating at the booth - "Selling my duplicate junk to fund going out to purchase more junk" Great fun!

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT
added line (see edit history)

Steve Moskowitz and others in attendance,

There were a bunch of dealer license plate frames. One said Martino Olds, Lansing. You did not buy it, or know who did, by chance? As that is the dealer who sold my car, I would love to have it.

Did you see any Walter & Lennertz, Lennertz or Classic Olds stuff among the gems?

Edited by D Yaros (see edit history)

Steve, read my posting again, I had left out a key word.... haha... I shouldn't post when I'm so sleepy.... I absolutely agree that there were ...amazingly.. some bargains at the sale.. then..there was the other stuff.. haha....B

No problem...I did not take the post as completely serious! I just wanted to add some stories from this amazing week. Believe me, I completely agree some people may have buyer's remorse down the road and others may be smiling for a long time.

I did not see the Martino frame and absolutely did not see anything from Walter & Lennertz. I did see what I believe was the dealer plates for Jim Graham Olds in Joliet.

Guest Dick Whittington

A little over $3.95 million in sales. Wow! That many items and if you are not careful your buyers run out of money before your run out of items to sell