Help with a Barn Find

wildcat70

Thanks for the pics; we've been anxiously awaiting them. If the rest of the car looks as nice,

(the pic makes the white look a bit bright), I'd ask my agent to insure it for somewhere in

the range of $25-30K. Doubt that you could replace it for that, mainly just in finding a

comparably-equipped 225 in equally-original condition.

There are some good images of dual-quad 425's right here in our gallery,

including "4-Speed's" daily-driver '64 Wildcat.

Show us more, please, when you can.

TG

After seeing those pics, I can only think of two words over and over again:

Holy crap!

Holy Crap!

HOLY CRAP!

If I saw THAT car with a For Sale sign on it with anything approaching a reasonable price, I would be reaching for my checkbook faster than my wife could say "You don't have room for another car!"

As for a name, I think a guy should give his car a feminine name (after all, it IS his new girlfriend). Here are a few:

1. Jewel (as in rare jewel.....)

2. Pearl (for the exterior)

3. Su-weeeet!! (for the whole car)

4. Ruby (for the interior)

5. Baby (spoiled, gets what she wants...cue up the Barry White music--"oh baby, sweet baby")

6. Rocket (as in fast as a.....)

And, if you have to have a masculine name.....Zeus (Greek mythology god of thunder, lightning)

And if you DO sell it, sell it on the BCA forum; that way the car will be preserved, appreciated and enjoyed.

Joe

Here is a pic from the front. Sorry for the delay in getting pics put up, I am in the Army and my time is not always my time......

Thanks for the help all !!!

I seem to stumble upon rare cars quite often for some reason....Karma maybe..... my 1942 came out of a barn in Columbus Ohio and my 70 Wildcat came out of a garage in Grand Rapids Michigan.

I learn as I go as far as options, rarity etc.....

I am excited to finally be a member of the club also !!

I also have a bunch of Mustangs.

post-60807-14313837795_thumb.jpg

THAT IS ONE INCREDIBLY GREAT FIND! Sometimes, the "barn find" cars are in pretty good condition, all things considered, after they get really cleaned up.

IF it's as good in person as it looks in the pictures, just get it looking as nice as you can WITHOUT anything other than possibly some spot touch-up paint work, leaving the car as original as possible--period. That older acrylic lacquer paint has a certain texture and look that just can't (usually) be reproduced today, which (to me, at least) would make it worth more money than one that's been repainted. Same with other aspects of the vehicle, keep things as original as possible.

There might be some things which might need replacing, like plug wires, due to age issues, but at this point in time you can probably find somebody to do a set for you and put the original date codes on them to match what's already there (if they are originals). Similar with getting rubber hoses which are GM part-numbered and date coded from the restoration industry . . . might need to aim for Skylark vendors rather than "big Buick" vendors, though, but you should be able to find what you need to keep that "All GM", "all orginal" look.

Now, you just need to license that "radar" of yours to sell to others!

Congrats and welcome aboard!

NTX5467

Now for a name, Electra was a bit of a bad gal... so this Super Wildcat Sport Coupe deserves a name that evokes something a touch "wild". Perhaps Kit as in the catwoman character from Batman, something in that genre.

Now for a name, Electra was a bit of a bad gal... so this Super Wildcat Sport Coupe deserves a name that evokes something a touch "wild". Perhaps Kit as in the catwoman character from Batman, something in that genre.

That suggestion may evoke another image from the younger crowd though - the Knight Industries Two Thousand, or KITT, a fancy Firebird piloted by David Hasselhoff. Some of us may try to forget, but unfortunately can't. :D

As a bit of a pun, I tend to call my Electra Carmen, after another noted gal with a bit of a bad gal reputation, although as Paul says, the headlights on the '75 are a bit small.... Suzanne doesn't much care for the name because carmine is red. She has come to grudgingly accept it though, possibly because we haven't come up with anything better.

Suzanne doesn't much care for the name because carmine is red. She has come to grudgingly accept it though, possibly because we haven't come up with anything better.

Just try and name an old Buick "Shelby"...see what grief you get :eek:

Yes there is a back story and it has nothing to do with Carl Shelby and his amazing cars.

I was thinking of picking up a 'Marvin the Martian' doll to put in the corner of the dashboard-you know, just for his Centurion helmet. No, I don't think Marvin is a good name, and those gladiator names don't quite do it.

It's come to me, just come to me one day.