Car Storage Fee Average

Dandy Dave

What is the average inside storage fee on one antique automobile. I remember years ago it was 1 dollar a day which would be around 30 per month. I have a car that I have stored for someone for 10 years. Just wondering what the storage value would add up to. Thanks Dave!

Guest 53Nailhead

I used to pay $170 from Nov. 1 to April 15.

Some of the other Buick guys are paying up to $400 for heated storage...........

Dave,

I would think barn/shed type storage would be at least $50. month. At $500 year x 10 years, I think many unrestored cars would be below the value of storage. But you are a nice guy, so it is hard to say what the time should be worth. I would ask what does the owner think it would be worth now sitting outside for 10 years.

Good luck. Does the owner still want the car? Is it a Buick?

John

Guest Joe G
....Wait till he hears he would pay $2000 for a 10x20 in Minnesota.

I'm talking $10 per linear foot, not square foot....20' car = $200/mo.

Guest ken bogren

I pay 150.00 per month, cold storage, unlimited access, for a 11x33 (holds both my 63 Falcon and my 61 F100) enclosed bay with it's own garage door at a self storage facility. About 20 miles from downtown Mpls, MN.

Here where I live a 10'x20' Car Storage space is $106/month and 10'x30' is $138/month. That is for inside storage that is not climate controlled.

The biggest challenge is finding Car Storage in my area is finding a facility that will agree to store a vehicle. Many facilities are finding it very difficult to find insurance companies that will insure tha facility if a car is stored in it.

10 X 20 unheated - $129 per month.

Only a mile from my house, so it's convenient to say the least.

Store some parts and yard sale items there, too - to free up the garage at home.

Guest Skyking
I try to limit my cars to what will fit in the garage.

Exactly......... I used to rent garages years ago @$50.00 a month and thought that was too much. In fact, when I built my house I had more garage space than cars. That changed in a hurry!

Guest prof pat

Dave, it depends greatly on if it is heated or not. I have two new fully insulated 5000 sf each industrial buildings that I LEASE for 25 cents per square foot per month. I am up in snow country, and finding space is hard to find. I do not care how many autos, boats, etc. they store, but no working on anything. So some of the guys and girls get together to lease to store thier toys.

I try to keep within what will fit in my building but there is an occasional problem with timing. I ended up renting a bay in a private garage this Winter when one truck didn't sell fast enough to make room for the new one. I paid $200 for the Winter for clean dry storage. I sold the truck a couple of weeks after moving it in, but throwing in storage for the Winter clinched the deal since the fellow that bought it was having the same timing problem and was a bay short.

I do rent a spot under cover but open on one side for my car trailer (flat bed) with my truck camper on the back for the Winter for another $200 from right ater Hershey till April/May. Could leave them outside but seems cheap to keep them a little dryer. Plan to build a car port for them eventually, been telling myself that now for 4 years.

Hi,

I pay $200.00 for the season, October through May for secure, unheated storage south of Oak's Corners. Steve Austin was charging $100.00/month for dead, heated storage in Palmyra in the old Bassage Ford garage.

If the person hasn't paid up, I would get busy and find legal help to put a lien on the vehicle, assuming it has any value.

Bill Boudway