New Issue of Antique Automobile Out!

Guest ChrisSummers

I got mine early last week, Susan. Must be the St. Albans mail mule!

I didn't notice any changes (but I was never good with the "one of these things is not like the other") deal. Still great as always.

Guest ChrisSummers

Fine, from now on I'll turn to one of those people who goes through and picks out every new change and typo and mails the corrections to you. grin.gif

Steve, I stopped by the house at lunch time... Opened it up and thumbed through it to find my friend's car that I knew was supposed to be in it. Found another friend's car featured in it as well.... Then after glancing through it, I really had to go to back to work. If it were a slow afternoon, I would have had time to read more of it. I can't supervise officers, drive, type on the computer AND read a magazine at the same time. I am now home from work and can read it... grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nearchoclatetown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No DBs again!! </div></div>

There's one on the front cover!!! laugh.gif

</div></div>Oops, guess your right. Another great issue West, just don't let SM know it.

I received my yesterday.

Looks like there are 6 more total pages than the previous issue along with more color.

Also noticed that it appears that someone needs to proof read the issues a little more closely.

Unless I am mistaken, the Table of Contents does not match up to the actual contents when it comes to the page numbers listed in the TOC.

For example, the TOC lists the feature on the Cumberland meet on one page but when one turns to that page it is a feature on a car.

Did not really count how many TOC errors there were since I was only skimming the magazine.

Anyway, nice to see more color in the magazine and more pages.

Hopefully in the future this can be a permanent change and not an occassional bonus.

Now, get back to proof reading! grin.gif

Guest bossmustang

Steve,

Don't want to waste time looking for errors. GREAT ISSUE!

Rather spend my time reading the owner's car stories.

Thanks for the long-range calendar of events.

Jim Aberts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, get back to proof reading!</div></div>

As a former magazine editor, I can assure you that there has never been a magazine that didn't have a few typos in it.

What I emailed West to rag him about was the Gary Hoonsbeen letter where Selden was misspelled as "Seldon". LOL!!

But I also told him the magazine is getting better every issue... because it is!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisSummers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine early last week, Susan. Must be the St. Albans mail mule!</div></div>

He's all better now. grin.gif We got our copy today. I have only seen the front cover so far since Bill hasn't finished looking at it yet. The cover is beautiful.

West, Great new AACA Magazine issue. I especially enjoyed the Thomas article. I thought my Australian friend had seen our 1904 3 cylinder Thomas when he was here but maybe he did not. So far as we know it is the only example left. West if you would like I can send a photo. Car runs great but three cylinder autos shake a little too much. I suppose the engineers

had not yet figured out harmonic balancers. Harold Coker AACA Pres '72

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I especially enjoyed the Thomas article. I thought my Australian friend had seen our 1904 3 cylinder Thomas when he was here but maybe he did not. So far as we know it is the only example left. West if you would like I can send a photo. Car runs great but three cylinder autos shake a little too much. I suppose the engineers

had not yet figured out harmonic balancers. Harold Coker AACA Pres '72 </div></div>

Harold

You may be correct. He mentioned that the 3-cylinder Thomas was introduced in 1904. You mention that yours is the only "1903 left." Does that mean there was more than one 1903 built and that the 3-cylinder car was actually introduced in 1903? Please clarify and I will put into the Letters section of the next issue. Also, e-mail a photo of your car to: StelvioGT @ yahoo.com.

Thanks.