Hemmings Goes Digital

68 Riv

HEMMINGS IS / WAS IMPORTANT..

SORRY SEE YA

IT IS AN INTERNET WORLD..LIKE IT OR NOT..

HMN (I BOUGHT MY CAR FROM IT 8/75) IS FOR

AUCTIONS AND INFLATED ADS....

HOW MANY OF U HAVE MADE PURCHASES FROM A PRIVATE

SOUL FROM HMN LAST 2 YEARS? I THINK ERNIE SOLD OUT

JUST IN TIME..

REMEMBER FORD/ NON FORD DAYS!!

JB

I do remember when the only catagories were Ford and Non-Ford. I still enjoy reading Hemmings magazine (printed version). Sometimes it is nice to sit back and page thru the magazine instead of sitting at the computer. I think Hemmings has become a lot better lately, with the auction results with picture and descriptions of the cars. I also like the articles they have at the begining of the mag.

Hemmings use to be the bible... its where you went buy and sell.

Ebay, AutoTrader, and Craigslist have trumped them.

I also like to sit down and read Hemmings occasionally. But I no longer subscribe - I simply buy it off the newsstand or get it from a fellow club member.

Also - (tooting my own horn) sites like this one are also a source of the same info.

Personally I wish Hemming's website was as much a community (as this forum is) as a marketplace. If it was i'd spend more time there.

(Hemmings, hire me and I'll do it for you. smile.gif )

Peter

Peter,

I appreciate your comments and use many of the same sites as you do to find cars. None of us live in a vacum. Yes I do work for Hemmings and feel very fortunate that I can work in an industry where I'm also a collector and hobbyist.

I submited the post to let the members of this forum see another opportunity out there. Information is a wonderful thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I also enjoy flipping the pages and until I buy a laptop the printed edition is what will go into "my office".

</div></div>

I would be lost without my computer. It is the greatest source of information and knowledge yet devised by man. But I gotta tell you, staring at a tube and scrolling just doesn't do it. Give me a good hard copy with nice soft paper, a comfortable chair with good lighting, and a nice beer or wine any day........Bob

I've always thought that Hemmings missed the boat by not cutting a joint branding deal with ebay from the very beginning. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed and I really don't think the paper version of Hemmings (nor a PDF copy of it) has much of a future for automotive classifieds. I've watched Hemmings grow the non-ad content, but frankly I don't think it's enough. I let my subscription lapse about five years ago. It was a bittersweet decision.

If I was seriously looking for a car to buy, I might possibly be interested in the Digital version. I have not found the previous Hemmings website very user friendly for searching.

BUT, as long as they print it, I plan to continue to subscribe to it. I enjoy HMN, and anxiously await each issue. (Not as anxiously as Antique Automobile), but still anxiously.... I enjoy looking through it each month.

Subscriber since '77 or '78 and will probably continue.

Everyone wants something different but what I like most is the vast array of better cars and parts in one format. In general, the cars seem better than some of the other trader magazines that have come along. Personally I could do without the "magazine content" except maybe for a short article or editorial, this would make for a smaller, more inexpensive copy.

This new digital offering I would probably pass on.

I finally learned to renew at Hershey only, and get a hat or other trinket out of the deal.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Just think of all the trees it will save. Count me in. I'll subscribe, right after I get my already overdue BCA and AACA dues paid... crazy.gif

Long-time Hemmings subscriber here--I always enjoy the excitement of a new issue coming in, and then I also pass my old issues along to a fellow car-nut co-worker. I find it difficult on the eyes to stare at a computer screen for too long, to say nothing of all that carpal-tunnel mousing.

I also subscribe to two of HMN's "glossy" mags, "Classic Car," and "Sports & Exotic," and enjoy them greatly also (particularly enjoy many of the "real world" type cars & drivers who frequently make the pages) though, as an *Antique Volkswagen* enthusiast, I am slightly worried that my favorite antique auto marque doesn't seem to fit within either the "Sports" nor "Exotic" classifications (and also since "Classic Car" plainly states that they only cover American-made autos).

Please don't forget about us old-VW folks, HMN!

You can still have your copy delivered by mail. We are all living in the electronic age. I look at this like the changes in the Automotive History. The Model T gave way to the Model A and so on up to current day autos.

People seem to either like or dislike the idea of this and that is why we live in America. The freedom of choice.

You can still have your copy delivered by mail. We are all living in the electronic age. I look at this like the changes in the Automotive History. The Model T gave way to the Model A and so on up to current day autos.

People seem to either like or dislike the idea of this and that is why we live in America. The freedom of choice.