All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bernie, I think they good. Adds a sport flair to the sedan. Turbinator
  3. thanks I will give that a try
  4. Today
  5. 5 passenger coupe - given the whole motor has been apart perhaps it's just something finding its home - performance seemed to be pretty solid. It pulled well to about 35mph at half throttle (local speed limit!) and maintained it with little effort, so it doesn't objectively feel like there is anything wrong. We checked the push rods gap and most of them were now slightly too large (0.004"-0.005" rather than factory 0.002" to 0.003")
  6. Thank you ... And to everyone who have replied. I am still searching .........
  7. 1958 Chevrolet Other Pickups 3100 On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-Chevrolet-Other-Pickups-3100/223708553394?
  8. Don't get a lot of choice but to buy through ebay for us internationals, a lot of people don't want the trouble of shipping overseas so you either use a package forwarder (costly and slow) or ebay I only know of 2 other type 61 cadillac's in Australia, so our options for parts are pretty limited.
  9. It's quite east tasks. There are some bolts, cables, wires and glow box that you have to release and then the dashboard will be loose.
  10. If you have what i think you have for bleeders, it is a fairly common prewar setup on some makes. The screw just keeps crap out of the bleeder. It is analogous to the rubber cap used on modern bleeders. Just take the screws out. Bleed as normal. Put all the screws in when you are done. A nipple to thread into the bleeder where the screw was would be handy, and probably exists, but I have never seen one. Maybe you can cram a hose or the boot of a vacuum bleeder over the outside of the bleeder. If not, you might have to let them squirt when you bleed. If the car is restored, and it is pretty under there, you may need to make a nipple adapter.... or change the bleeders to modern ones, because brake fluid removes paint.
  11. Cool! I need to double check the family album. I may have one but put it in there if I'm standing in front of it or in it. Time for that tomorrow...
  12. The water will contract when it cools just as surely as it expands when it heats.
  13. What body style is your '24 ? Does it make a sound anything like a click ? My '24 does have its special noises, but not really much different from the '27. I don't know that it makes some sound like a click, but really you would have to compare each against the other. Of course the '24 and '22 have significant differences. - Carl
  14. It could possibly be that time frame.....my mother still has the pictures of the show packed away. Steve
  15. At age 75 I'm a little older then most, and was a little tardy regarding my computer searches for parts. In addition I don't have the patience to sell on Craig's List or Ebay. This is where I feel blessed, my significant other loves to buy and sell on EB. Plus she is a car gal to boot. She and I both feel that a car, or part, is worth saving if someone wants it. It really doesn't matter if it is a part is worth $15 or $500, she just loves the whole process. Mary is somewhat younger then I am, but sadly she is legally blind and can no longer drive. In spite of her condition she still loves the cars, all of which have a name, and are considered part of the family. Not too long ago I began to think about reducing the collection. I didn't want to burden her with my collection after I was gone. One day I just blurted out "Mary am I doing the wrong thing holding on to these cars, should I be getting rid of them?" Her very quick response was "no I have this big garage, I would have to put something in it." The beauty of her response was that I really already sensed what her answer would be. I often wonder how I got so lucky! Bill
  16. Along with Narragansett Reproductions we lost LeBaron Bonney (in Chapter 7) recently. They supplied the broadcloth for my '41 Sedan. I think the only one left is SMS Auto Fabrics, but their selection is more limited. After a lot of looking ten years ago I couldn't find anyone who provided interior kits. I had an upholsterer use the shabby fabric I provided as a pattern.
  17. I have a lot of play in my steering, which gives me white knuckles especially when driving in windy conditions. The old Earl Brown article in the latest TWOTZ talks about replacing all the bushings in the steering box with bearings, but the car is fully restored and I never could figure out how to pull the steering column and box when I had it torn apart. The nut securing the Pittman arm was loose but tightening that didn't completely solve the problem. I guess replacing the tie rod ends is next.
  18. Vellios Machine Shop 4625 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Lawndale, CA 90260 They have been doing work for me for 40 years and are excellent.
  19. Original New Old Stock Atwater-Kent Unisparker K-2 6 cylinder distributor cap. This is a very rare item. This would suit a few American cars from 1914-1917. This will suit: Chalmers 1914-15-16 E.... 1915-16 Frankiln 1916-17-18 Grant 1915-16 Howard 1915 (late) Majestic 1917 Meteor 1916 Monarch 1914-15-16 Norwalk 1916-17 Peerless 1916 Pratt 1915 Ross 1915-16-17 Saxon Six 1915-16 Thomas Six 1915 I can send more photos on request. PayPal accepted. $150AUD.
  20. Sounds like someone replaced the bleeder screws with a common screw. You can find them at most hardware stores or auto supplies for the correct screws. You can't properly bleed wheel cylinders with such a screw. And if you do it's a mess with brake fluid all over the floor. Clutch spring probably needs a new one, and Boos Harrel probably has them along with other supplies. Your's might have been broken and someone just tried to use a shorter version. I think you can find 6 volt fans if you're talking about putting them in front of the radiator for better cooling in idle and slow driving. Remember with 6 volts you don't have a lot of battery reserve and that additional load can run your battery down, especially if you haven't replaced your generator with an alternator. Remember the current at 6 volts is twice what it is with 12 volt devices for the same power consumption of your devices. This is also why we use LEDs where ever we can to cut consumption of battery power with the lighting. I am still waiting for a LED amber replacement lamp unit for the original 6 inch fog lamps on these cars. There are LED lamps less than 5 inches, but won't fit the housings.
  21. Hey guys, I came upon these two in the garage the other day and I would like to ID them and find a new home for the, both are Carters appreciate any help
  22. My photo of that plane. Appears to be a T-6, although my aircraft knowledge is extremely limited.
  23. Just out of curiosity, was the PBY that flew over in for the airshow at Dutchess County Airport circa 1993? If so, it was the first plane I ever set foot in. I went to the show in either 1993 or 1994, tried again in 1996 but couldn't get near it, so went to the Caldor parking lot on Route 9 and watched them flying around. While I do have pictures from the show, sadly I have none of the PBY.
  24. Hello I'm looking for some information and some parts. Firstly the information: I have a 1917 ED 6 roadster which is being rebuilt. The seats are there but I have no way of attaching them to the floor, ie no way to adjust them or the frame to sit on. I'm hoping someone has some idea or pics of the frame. The second request is for a steering wheel clamp and a choke lever as seen in the attached photos. Cheers Chris Rhodes
  25. I came upon these 3 in my garage over the weekend, pretty nice shape no curb hits and emblems are nice These are 15" $45 domestic shipping included Thanks
  26. I sure agree 100% with you about the Minerva, Gary. A very lovable piece of machinery. I highly doubt the builder of the ? car would have destroyed a restorable 1925 Minerva roadster. We just don't know what he had on hand to work with. Creative and unique, certainly a fun toy. Here is the instrument panel of a real 38/250. - Carl
  27. People have been saying that the sky is falling since at least Roman times. The subject changes but the fretting not really all that much. The hobby will be just fine, it will outlive all of us. Modern hybrids are within 10 years of being AACA eligible...I think. Never paid too much attention to them. The hobby may look different in the future, but does it look the same now to anybody from when they got into it? No. It doesn't matter how long that was, unless it was in the last year or two, it's different. And you're still here, still in the hobby.
  1. Load more activity