March Floods east coast Australia

robert b

In late March flooding in the Tweed Valley done a lot of damage  to the town of Murwillumbah and my workshop . This is just some pics of the aftermath of this flood. The water level in my work shop was allmost to the top of the roller doors.

0278.JPG

0279.JPG

0280.JPG

0283.JPG

0288.JPG

0294.JPG

0295.JPG

0292.JPG

0306.JPG

0302.JPG

0308.JPG

0310.JPG

The ground floor of the workshop has never had water in to the building but a break in a levey wall and a storm cell that dumped some 700 mm of rain during the night resulted in levels never seen before . The cars are being saved, the work shop and stock and tools are a on going work Bob

Hell, Robert, I am sure sorry to see that this has happened to you  Nature can be very cruel at times. I wish that I lived closer to you instead of in the West as I would gladly come and help with the cleanup  I am wondering though if the Gods were angry at you for rolling up to the 10th anniversary DB Rally in the A Model truck No seriously mate I am so so sorry and it will take heaps of work to get it all up and running again and when the chips are down and friends bog in to help it shows just how much of a good bloke you are Keep your chin up cobber I am sure that all of the DB Club in Australia are behind you  I feel so b - helpless not being able to contribute 

That is really rotten luck, Bob.  You have my sympathies.  

Here in Blighty we have had our share of flooding  so I know what you are going through.  All I can say is just dig deep and keep going - things may look desperate now but everything will get back to some sort of normality.  It just takes time.  

When we moved here about 18 years ago we had a flood in our first week of business.  We woke to find filthy brown water pouring over the step  into our cattery.  I ended up having to repaint some 600 square feet of flooring!  In the end I tiled the floor just in case it happened again.  What the previous owner had done was train gun dogs on the steep hillside behind our property and had left about an acre with no grass or vegetation of any kind.  When we had a month's rain fall in one night, the inevitable happened.

Ray.

Thank you all for the positive responses and yes things are improving , some machines are now running and i am slowly getting through the stock . We will keeping all Dodge stock no matter what damage has been done , and if the rebuilt engine that I drained and cleaned yesterday some weeks after this flood is any guide things might be somewhat better than first thought . Thanks to all . Bob

Guys thanks very much for you support , things are moving ahead slowly , this water is very acidic is destroying  many items you would not think could be damaged by water , but we are getting there . To day we got a 120 year old lathe that I first got 40 years ago back in operation with very little damage to it , amazing how some thing so old can have so little damage , but plane bearings and open gear train is little affected by this water , so my first lathe will again see me in to the future  with rebuilding the show again as it did all those years ago , the later machinery is yet  be seen what will be their fate ,  There more modern the machine the more trouble is it to get going again, much like the car that we deal with , as to date all the vintage car are now running again and seam to be ok , not so for the other 25 electric motores on the other machines . But as time goes on we will have to see how things go . And some people ask why do have such old machinery , my answer is they are so easy to maintain and cost so little on still do the job so well in the hands of a tradesman that that noes how to use them .There is light at the end of he tunnel , we just have to keep going forward and on . thank you all so much R. J Brims

• 1 year later...