1965 Gran Sport. Good Example of a successful eBay ad

Chimera

Guess its all relative Gabriel. For a car they state as the Holy Grail and will have a holier than grail reserve;;;;

With a few exceptions, Pics are too dark and many too blurry. Interior and undercarriage are horrible pictures IMO. And why not show the Engine stamps - Body Tag and VIN.

16 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Guess its all relative Gabriel. For a car they state as the Holy Grail and will have a holier than grail reserve;;;;

With a few exceptions, Pics are too dark and many too blurry. Interior and undercarriage are horrible pictures IMO. And why not show the Engine stamps - Body Tag and VIN.

Agreed...

Tom

Dark, blurry pictures, minimal description of the car itself (just some hyperbole about how rare it is and a list of options), factual inaccuracies, and a request that they only message through eBay? That's a successful auction/ad? I'm obviously working way too hard if people think it's a win to simply phone it in like this.

The car is way cool. The auction is meh.

• Like 1

From the history it is a Chevy guy selling it. That Riviera is a pretty upscale car for that crowd. Maybe the subdued, matte finish is their perception of style. But, then, I am not a big fan of the '65 styling revisions, anyway.

I DO always notice the unpainted cowl grilles on most first generation cars. Seeing them in flat black is going to make the next chrome set look refreshing.

Oh well, seeing the feedback from buying all those Chevy parts kind of set the tone.

Bernie

On 4/27/2017 at 8:59 AM, kreed said:

Car was originally a white car. ( CC code) . Numbers appear to match othwise  and it is LX apparently . Asking price is 66K  ( but said he had a "little wiggle room " . 

KReed

ROA 14549

For 60+ G, I would expect original paint color and no over spray - anywhere. These rookie details are easily avoided and fixable.

I'd expect almost concourse.

Unless it was a celebrity's car....

image.jpeg.de1d83a516a395b9aee218b492f63c0b.jpeg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

According to my new Hagerty Price Guide a no. 1 condition numbers match 65 GS Riviera is worth $96,500,

so they are not asking anywhere  near number 1 condition money for the car. No.2 condition is listed at 66,500, so 60,000

is about 2- money. I know it's at least a  No. 3 car, would have to see it in person to know if it's 2-. As for overspray, if the paint is nice,

overspray can be removed from bolts, etc. in one weekend with paint thinner and a rag and some elbow grease...not a big deal.The previous

owner should have left the car white as it hurts the value a little.

I really don't think it's a big deal to paint these cars in the color you like provided it was available in that year . Haven't checked to see how many white GS were done that year but done right could be a really beautiful car ( or non- color as someone told me once) . Looking back I don't think I have seen too many white 65 GS over the years .I am going through this decsion making process now with the 65 GS that I am restoring . It was originally verde green - not my favorite for that year so looking at other options but still havent made a decision . IMO the bamboo cream is a pretty color and the combo black cloth/ vinyl look good  and is correct  in that car . Impossible to tell by pics but suspect the car is a strong 3 , maybe 2-. Agree with Winston , probably reasonable buy in the $50-60 K range depending on a close inspection , particularly undercarriage , rockers and area below the deck lid.

KReed

ROA  14549

To go from White to bamboo cream is good in one sense, because you are almost staying within the family color. It is not a big change, however I don't think it is different enough to justify because It can bring down the value if the person does not prefer the color over the factory original. If they went with some bad ass color like Midnight Aqua, then I think they could have raised the value of the car over a more plan arctic white. Some people really do enjoy the bamboo cream and the name sounds a lot better than butter yellow, so depends on the potential buyer pool I think. 

• Like 1

White was the most popular color for a 65 Riv but I don't know what the breakdown is for a GS.  It is interesting that they went from the most popular color to one of the least ordered for that year.  Yellow is yellow no matter what fancy name you give it.

• Like 1