My new Cascada

retirednow

I picked up my new 1SV yesterday.

The dealer was able to find the exact model and color combo that I wanted at another dealer in Rhode Island, and was able to do a swap for it. The finish is like a sheet of glass. Car handles and rides great, and is a blast to drive. Wifi too!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, CBloomberg said:

They sure are fun to drive.  One issue I have noticed related to the slope on the windshield.  I felt something pull in my shoulder while cleaning the inside of the windshield.  Be careful if your joints are as old as mine.

Chuck.

Oh yeah, I can see that!

Very cool ... congrats!

On a sidenote, I want to be paid to come up with color names ... "Toasted Coconut" sounds tasty & awesome ... lol.

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"Gonna make some dreams come true" __ Hoyt Axton __ 'Della & the Dealer'

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I've had the Cascada for 3 months now. I've put just over 1,600 miles on it, about 1/2 of that was a trip down to my moms in Northern VA. Best car I have ever owned by far. My whole mood changes whenever I get into it, even to go for a dr. visit. Have about 2 more months of driving pleasure 'til I put it away for the winter.

• Like 4

I am lead to believe at least one local dealer is sitting on three of them.  What with the end of summer around the corner, it's not as hot as it once was.  Maybe you ought to look in the USA for one Keith.  I'm sure we can find you a storage unit here to keep it in :rolleyes:

• Like 2

We saw one in Flip Chip Silver Metallic in Wisconsin Dells on our way home from Allentown. Nice car. 

She Who Must Be Obeyed wants one. I'm hoping it was just a late enough introduction that they are delaying a year in Canada. If we get one then that frees up the Reatta as a daily summer driver for someone else. 

• Like 2

One thing to consider unfortunately is emissions. Before I bought mine, I toyed with the idea of buying one from a dealer in Florida and driving it back home, as the prices there would work for me.  But after looking into it a bit, a Fla. car would not meet NY emissions requirements. My dealer got mine from a Rhode Island dealer, which worked 

Edited by retirednow (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

So, I’ve had this car for just over 18 months. It’s going into the garage today til spring. Have just over 7,500 miles on it and it still looks like new. Aside from a convertible top adjustment, and a glitch or 2 w/ the infotainment system, it’s been awesome!!

0D60857D-9EFD-4B76-A9ED-BE5DFD3ABF25.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to hear that your car is still doing well. There are a neat looking car, too bad they aren't available in Canada!

My wife has a '16 Envision, and really likes it. Not a common model, up here anyway. She has hers about 18 months as well, but has 27,000 kms on it, or 18,000 or so miles. No problems at all. The build quality does seem to be very good.

Keith

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm glad I discovered the "view newly updated topics" link (or whatever the official name is) because I had never seen one of these or even heard of it. I thought I had kept up on all the American brands but obviously I missed something. If you enter it at the Road Knights show maybe I'll even see this one next year.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 7:47 AM, retirednow said:

I can’t believe my Cascada is 4 years old today. Just over 15,000 miles and still looks like new

85D310E5-B46A-45DC-BD83-625F7B1052F0.jpeg

Almost bought last model year. GM still had few left over. Bought a used Chevy 2500 Diesel 4X4 pickup Instead. Needed to pull the 24’ car trailer to shows

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
6 minutes ago, retirednow said:

So my Cascada is 5 years old now. Just over 20K miles on it and still looks like new. Keeping this one for goodD69C7D67-D57A-4197-A037-7B8CF8951EEA.jpeg.0d4d69993373022334c8a335b5e7f789.jpeg

Beautiful car and setting. Enjoy!

• Like 1

All the other pictures on the thread looks like they were taken on a cloudy day or not enough sun. Sunlight does makes that blue brighter. It always happens on my blue Roadmaster

• Like 1