R W Burgess

2016 AACA Sentimental Tour-Salisbury, NC

Greetings!

The 2016 AACA event season is right around the corner. You should be getting mailings from Headquarters very shortly. I received the Sentimental Tour flyer today.

PLEASE NOTE-VERY IMPORTANT!

The registration forms CAN NOT be postmarked before February 15, 2016. This tour is limited to 100 vehicles, so there is this postmark limitation to allow everyone a fair chance of getting registered.

Thanks and see ya' in Salisbury in June!

Wayne 

post-76802-0-84969700-1452547323_thumb.j

post-76802-0-39996700-1452547340_thumb.j

Wayne,

Thanks for getting the word out!

Annie,

If you are going to your Region's gathering this weekend, I'll be there at Saturday lunch to share about the tour.

Everyone,

If you come to Philadelphia, stop by our booth.

Edited by Phillip Cole (see edit history)

Will the Sentimental Tour flyer go to everyone?

You have to request information for all tours from National. Use the Activity Request Card in Antique Automobile magazine or go to the AACA web site under Tours and send an email request

It's a beautiful area of North Carolina!  I happen to love the transportation Museum :)

I wish I could, but hopefully next year.  Have a great time!

I have same issue dont own a car that old. 

• Like 1

Yes, hopefully...

Registration is limited to 100 cars this year.

They cannot be postmarked before February 15 -the Monday after Philly.

We have a block of 100 rooms reserved at the host hotel, which will not open for reservations prior to noon on February 15.

The key title I have given the reservation desk is "Sentimental AACA Tour".

As Annie said above that is a beautiful area of the NC Piedmont. Most of the routes will be on what we call farming roads. The other day a couple of us were driving one of the routes, and we saw eagles fishing on one of the lakes.

Does the Sentimental Tour registration usually fill up fast??

Joe, I guarantee, it will fill up fast!!!! Probably the first day of registrations. My local region went through that 2 years ago, but to be fair we pulled the reg. forms "out of a hat", first come first served.

Wayne

• Like 1

Some tours don't fill up like the Vintage tour and it's probably one of the best experiences. The tours with the newer cars will fill up just because of the numbers.

By definition the Sentimental Tour is supplemental to the Vintage and Reliability Tours. Our routes for 2016 are designed to run on pre-interstate style roads as much as possible.

Wayne,

How long did your region wait to start drawing names out of a hat?

Phil, as I remember, we began about 2 months before the tour. We had to return about 3 registration forms. The AACA Board of Directors also did not send in registration forms until we were sure that regular members got first choice. I was disappointed that we could not have more tourers with us, as I like to share our historical area. We just need more new hotels in our area I guess, which will take a few "decades". 

We only had banquet space for 100 people too. A way around that is to have an outside tent like Charlotte has each year. You could always have split banquet times too, but that would not be good as everyone wants to participate together at the same time. One unique thing that we did, though, was using our President and Vice President's tour car pictures as a table name plate, pictures we had taken in front of an early American store earlier in the week. It was cool and our members had a great time working with our new visitors. Hosting an event really brings a club together!

Wayne

I sent out my registration and check by priority the first day possible, February 16.   It was delivered, hopefully in time.  This Tour always overfills the typical 100 car limit.  That makes me feel really good.  Now we need somebody to step up to sponsor this Tour in 2018 and 2020.  Come on Regions, make my day.

We still have room. Keep 'um coming!

BTW, working up this tour has been tons of fun... Anyone considering hosting in 2018, there are lots of folks to advise and support.

• Like 1