For Sale : 1936 Ford Siebert Hearse Ambulance - $29,900 ( Not Mine )

1936 Ford Siebert Combination Ambulance Hearse

This 1936 Ford is the rarest of the rare pre-war Ford. It is the professional Siebert combination ambulance and also serves as a hearse. This vehicle was purchased from the original family owned business after it served professional service. It was restored to award winning show condition several years ago! The provenance on this rare and unusual vehicle with its cross over capabilities draws crowds wherever it is shown and the proof is in all the awards that it has won.

Original Flathead V8
Siren
It even comes with the removable casket table and flower trays.

Serious inquiries call Elliott 872-867-0398 as I do not text.

00606_agmAgurcpbX_0ne0fu_1200x900.jpeg

00808_d71got5khYf_0ne0hq_1200x900.jpeg

01010_cTQeXCA3F8u_0uY0ne_1200x900.jpeg

01010_hLzeYlGlq7z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpeg

01717_4WYNwiAtITc_0hq0ne_1200x900.jpeg

00B0B_5aKHfLLDWlH_0yp0pO_1200x900.jpeg

00d0d_llt0ZvNrdPI_0yp0pO_1200x900.jpeg

00G0G_3IBwmb7Arox_0yp0pO_1200x900.jpeg

00P0P_5GuFee8wBrX_0hq0ne_1200x900.jpeg

00q0q_hqu1drTjAv4_0yp0pO_1200x900.jpeg

00S0S_ksO3VXjGEAe_0ne0hq_1200x900.jpeg

00V0V_bs0w40ALeN6_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpeg

00X0X_lRXxxANUoMm_0ne0hq_1200x900.jpeg

00Z0Z_7QAVj65bJIB_0CI0rV_1200x900.jpeg

• Like 1

If I read that correctly, you could call for an ambulance and this car might appear. Geeez!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

If I read that correctly, you could call for an ambulance and this car might appear. Geeez!

In that period, an ambulance was typically painted light colors even white and/or two-tone combinations to differentiate them from hearses which were always only acceptable in black or dark, somber colors.  The exception was a child's hearse would be painted white as symbolic of a child's innocence and purity.  The only other vehicle acceptable to be painted white was a milk wagon or milk truck.  A private passenger car painted white was considered gaudy and gauche, in questionable taste.

• Like 2

You would probably need a big garage for that car. It looks really long. Would that be considered a rare car? Can't imagine too many of those were made. I would drive that around all day. Probably get a lot of attention.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Whenever I see one of these I think it would be awesome for Home Depot runs and for hauling a few mountain bikes

Or taking the band instruments to the next gig.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Whenever I see one of these I think it would be awesome for Home Depot runs and for hauling a few mountain bikes

I used to live in the small mountain community of Truckee CA. The mortician rented out the back of his place to a mechanic, who would occasionally use the hearse to chase parts. Population as only about 1500 at the time so lots of people had more than one job. The mortician worked part time at Safeway, in the meat department. 

• Haha 6

Back in the late sixties I bought a 1938 Ford Standard Siebert sedan delivery ambulance conversion for $75.00, a complete, rust-free but non running California car. It took a weekend and about $10. worth of parts to get it running. The interior, as I recall, was a brown imitation leather type of material with small cabinets built in behind the driver and passenger seats for medical supplies. The side windows where the sedan delivery metal panels originally were, contained frosted glass with the medical cross symbol left in clear.

Underneath was an extension to the torque tube drive shaft that was about 36 inches long. Mechanical brake lines and the frame were similarly extended. 

It was a strange car to drive being so long, and difficult to park, since I was used to coupes and short bed pickups. I found a buyer in a few weeks and never saw it again. That was only one of a strange mix of non-conventional cars I have been attracted to over the years.

Here' the history of the Siebert Company if you are interested:

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/s/siebert/siebert.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

I used to live in the small mountain community of Truckee CA. The mortician rented out the back of his place to a mechanic, who would occasionally use the hearse to chase parts. Population as only about 1500 at the time so lots of people had more than one job. The mortician worked part time at Safeway, in the meat department. 

Cutting?

or as a supplier?

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Cutting?

or as a supplier?

Frozen ground meant that there were no burials between October and March, so the joke was that if you went in the walk in freezer, there'd be a bunch of old men in suits. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...