2024 Lexington Meet Photos Are Up

JZRIV

After 70 plus hours, Randall Crain completed the review of nearly 1000 photos received from various sources and selected, sorted, arranged, rearranged, edited, and titled each one. They are now active for viewing on the ROA Gallery accessible from the ROA website.

The photo gallery is open to public.  https://www.rivowners.org/  Enjoy!

Huge thanks to Randall for his effort on what is a very daunting task! 👍  ☮️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Big THANKS to Randall.  If you were there you know what an effort Randall put forth in getting the show field organized. Something he’s done for many years. Now this. 👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 2

Seafoam65 - I'm with you. Can't find the Photo Gallery, either.

Nothing personal against the 2 members who posted links in an effort to help, but:

The first link is to the Riv Owners Home Page -- the Photo Gallery is nowhere to be seen.

I have extensively searched the Riv Owners Home Page trying many different links and still can't get there.

The second link is a photo of the Photo Gallery - how ironic  🤪

Can someone kindly and simply just post a link to the Photo Gallery that actually goes to the Photo Gallery. Or a clear sequence of steps to get there

Oddly, some members of this forum were concerned about making the Photo Gallery available to the public. From my position, that is not a concern

In picture 33 there's a Silver 63, if anyone has knowledge of the owners name I would appreciate if they could PM it. Would like to like to speak with them.

Thanks

Steve Mully ROA 9236

Ditto Jason........no matter how I google search the Riviera Owners  Association, I get the home

page on my screen that does not have the Photo Gallery Box. Please advise us how you search for the home page to get the updated page.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

I don't know what browser I am using......I just type in Riviera Owner's Association on my Google search engine and what comes up is the old home page with no Photo Gallery.

When I clicked on the @JZRIV link above, it goes direct to the first of about 14 pages of thumbnail pictures.  Browser is current Windows.  No problems at all.

Once on that page, then click on the Lexington KY 2024 icon in the upper left of the gallery.

THANKS to all who made the new gallery happen!  Photographers, photographer administration, and the owners who drove their cars to the meet!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

I clicked on Jason's link and looked at the pictures, but I would still like to know how to

bring up the ROA  home page that has the photo galleries box.  Also, I still

don't have the personal message icon at the top of the screen on this site....

It vanished about 3 months ago after being there for years and I haven't seen it since.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

I clicked on Jason's link and looked at the pictures, but I would still like to know how to

bring up the ROA  home page that has the photo galleries box.  Also, I still

don't have the personal message icon at the top of the screen on this site....

It vanished about 3 months ago after being there for years and I haven't seen it since.

Craig and Winston - Yes very bizarre the Gallery link doesn't show up. That's computers and software for ya. I tried 3 different browsers, Google, Microsoft Edge and Safari on different pcs and phone and it comes up with all. Good this came to light as if this is happening to you, it's happening to others as well. 😬 I will alert Ray to the problem and he'll notify the webmaster and hopefully a cause can be identified.  I'll include the snapshot you posted Craig so they can see you are in fact at rivowners.org 

I also don't see the Photo Gallery when I go to the website. I am running a Windows 11 machine and using Google Chrome browser in case that helps identify the issue.

• Like 2

I just tried "a consumer test" by going into Google, putting "Buick Riviera club" in the search window.  Search results were the ROA website, first.  Clicked on that and the front page came up, with the "Gallery" "Click Here" items.  Clicked on "Click Here" and the photo page appeared.  On my 8 month old HP "Walmart" laptop with whatever version of Windows Edge it has, using an AT&T WiFi hotspot for CompuServe/AOL Internet access on the western edge of DFW (where "phone line Internet" is not available).

Just my experiences,

NTX5467

Ray

I tried to copy/paste www.rivowners.org in the search BAR (not Chrome) - NO JOY

I tried to type "www.rivowners.org" in the search BAR (not Chrome) - NO JOY

Both techniques have the same non-photo Gallery result

Ditto......when I enter www.rivowners.org in the search bar I get the home page that does

not have the photo gallery box, but when I enter www.rivowners.org in the search bar if I scan further down the results on the page there is an entry that says www.rivowners.org.Gallery and

when I click on that the photo gallery page comes up, so it looks like I can get to the photo gallery that way, but I have yet to ever see a home page with the photo gallery box on it. I'm using Windows 10 and the Google search engine.

I just tried the Bing search engine and got the same result when typing in www.rivowners.org.....

I got the home page without the photo gallery box, but with a Bing search I don't get a result

further down that says www.rivowners.org.Gallery.

I don’t know what is going wrong with your browsers. On my iPad with the latest iOS and apps I have successfully used Edge, Firefox, Chrome and the default browser to go to www.rivowners.org website and the link to the photos is there.

There must be a miss match between the version of the browsers and the SW running the site and/or an old page is being cached in one way or another

Edited by SwedeDownUnderR63 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

I'm using Windows 11 with MS Edge and I have no problem accessing the gallery...it's on the main ROA page on my PC.  It's also available on my iPhone 12.

Gentlemen......I finally figured out the problem! My Ad blocker was seeing the photo box as an ad and was blocking it. I turned off my ad blocker for the ROA home page and now I can see the black box !

• Like 8