1917 packard twin six

Finaly got to the job, posted in january with questions,
Got the thing accessed for inspection and removal.
Got the thing out except the engine and trans.  Left them in place until a larger tractor stops by.  Very gently got everything else at my house.
Please advise what I should do next?
Stephen.

1917 packard 002.JPG

1917 packard 007.JPG

1917 packard 013.JPG

• Like 2

First thing on the restoration check list……….a tetanus shot every day! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I have bought similar projects. I did the best I could with what was available. I researched all the details and collected both digital and paper documents. I enjoyed all "the privileges of ownership"  in discussions, and eventually sold them.

And that's the truth. There was a buyer for all those rose colored projects.

Members of our local Buick Club chapter stopped by my garage years ago. One friend looked at a current Jaguar project and asked "When are you ever going to get that finished?"

"Probably never" I replied. I sold it a year or so later and made a few bucks on it.

I would carefully clean everything. Non destructive cleaning only. Examine everything and record any casting numbers, serial numbers etc. that may be present. Lay it all out and take about twice as many photos as you think you need. Hit the Packard forum and see if anyone can help you identify what you have and possible values. Good luck!

• Like 2

Looks like the one that I found upside down North of Rome NY in the late 1970s'

Hood and gas tank look like 3rd Series Twin Six. Windshield support looks like 2nd Series.

Did you find the serial #? It's on the engine base on the LH side near where it mounts to the frame.

Dave Phinney Packard.jpg

1917_Packard_Twin_Six_Sedan_12_bvicbt.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, that's me on the facebook, new to that stuff. don't really know how it works, using it to home in on some other parts.
worked on packard most of yesterday,  the parts are in the driveway. Being very careful ,one primer cup got broken,bummer.  Dam'n  this bugger is heavy.   Really never had a chance to examine one of these close up, Serious casting art, noticing details that astound me, got the dash light? even has a funny looking cover shade thingy.  Love the speedo with clock and trip meter? man, what have I gotten into?
Here are the pictures I just took,   Looking forward to how I can be able to help someone?
Value, and desirability,  what I need to know.
S.

Packard 003.JPG

Packard 004.JPG

Packard 005.JPG

Packard 001.JPG

Packard 009.JPG

Packard 006.JPG

Packard 002.JPG

Packard 009.JPG

Packard 008.JPG

• Like 5

If you decide to restore it, I may have parts. If you're parting it out, I may be interested. Post the serial # if you can. Should be stamped into right front of engine. Please email me at flpackardclub@comcast.net.

Norm

30 minutes ago, normadsenjr said:

If you decide to restore it, I may have parts. If you're parting it out, I may be interested. Post the serial # if you can. Should be stamped into right front of engine. Please email me at flpackardclub@comcast.net.

Norm

Restore it?

• Like 2

Im not sure if that motor would ever run again, maybe with enough money thrown at it? But I would be tempted to clean it up and do a cosmetic restoration on a stand for some man cave decor.

• Like 2