For Sale: 1913 Abbott Detroit Speedster - Project - $21,450 - Omaha, NE - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $19,950. 5-14-2024.

For Sale: 1913 Abbott Detroit Speedster - Project - $21,450 - Omaha, NE - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $19,950. 5-14-2024. See New Link Below:

1913 Abbott Detroit for sale by owner - Elkhorn, NE - craigslist
Seller's Description:

A very rare Abbott Speedster 116” wheelbase showing excellent Brass & great potential for The Great Race 2024. Owned for decades and downsizing collection. Recently purchased 7 new tires, new magneto, muffler and updated carb. Will run with fuel system flush and retime. Overall, shows well with original flat steel fenders and minimal paint chips from repaint in the mid-'50s. Correct dash components, excellent brass hardware and correct acetylene tank for lights. Wheels are excellent condition and very true. Restored in the '50s to look like a Mercer/Stutz. Extra parts and clean Nebraska Title.  Shown by appointment.
Copy and paste in your email: 37bbc1e59694351aa2a9e67607547408@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1913 Abbott Detroit Speedster - Project.

'13 Abbott Detroit Speedster NE a.jpg

'13 Abbott Detroit Speedster NE b.jpg

'13 Abbott Detroit Speedster NE c.jpg

'13 Abbott Detroit Speedster NE d.jpg

'13 Abbott Detroit Speedster NE e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $19,950. 5-14-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 13

Serious looking rear axel! They used a 30hp Continental engine so at least that part isn't too exotic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's a car I'd love to own.  Other than the oval gas tank I really like the lines on this. It would be a fairly large fortune to do it right, but what a car you would have!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ericmac said:

There's a car I'd love to own.  Other than the oval gas tank I really like the lines on this. It would be a fairly large fortune to do it right, but what a car you would have!

I agree and what a lot of fun on back country roads to small towns. 

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1913 Abbott Detroit Speedster - Project - $21,450 - Omaha, NE - Not Mine - Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $19,950. 5-14-2024.

Still Available, Minor Price Reduction to $19,950. 5-14-2024.

1913 Abbott Detroit for sale by owner - Elkhorn, NE - craigslist
Seller's Description:

A very rare Abbott Speedster 116” wheelbase showing excellent Brass & great potential for The Great Race 2024. Owned for decades and downsizing collection. Recently purchased 7 new tires, new magneto, muffler and updated carb. Will run with fuel system flush and retime. Overall, shows well with original flat steel fenders and minimal paint chips from repaint in the mid 50s. Correct dash components, excellent brass hardware and correct acetylene tank for lights. Wheels are excellent condition and very true. Restored in the 50s to look like a Mercer/Stutz. Extra parts and clean Nebraska Title. Shown by appointment.
Copy and paste in your email: 5502b3cd39cd32aba9316c0a235c4f35@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

A car like this was very high on my list years ago, but never made it happen. It isn't a factory offering, but is nicely done and has a nice era look to it. I think the price is fair enough, and Abbott-Detroit although not well known are well liked by people that have had and toured with them! I do not know how correct the chassis is? But it looks good?

If I had the money, I would be considering it.

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...