1941 model 71-C value?

I'm helping a woman write an ad for her late father's 1941 Roadmaster convertible sedan. He was a BCA member. She sent me one photo and it looks immaculate. Dark, forest green paint, garaged, she says he was a fanatic about keeping it correct and was his prized possession. I think we have to assume that everything is correct and near-perfect on the car, after speaking with her and seeing the photo.

She put a price on it, but before I reveal that, what do you think an immaculate one like this should sell for? It's not a common model so I have not seen them come up for sale recently. I think her price is a little low and I don't want to see her cheated.

Pete Phillips

IMG_0474.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sidemount33 said:

The car is a beauty, but on the basis of this one picture, the Dante Red wheels are not "correct," as all the green colours Buick offered in '41 had the same body green (or another green) as the wheel colour. The only other "official" choice was the Chenenga Grey colour (but not for all the greens). Also, the fog lights are Trippes, as opposed to the two GM choices offered for Buick that year.

Both are easy fixes.  Additional pictures would still be very helpful.  It's difficult to assess based on one photo and the owner's verbal description.

Pete - is the car near where you are?  If so, you could really help by seeing it in-peerson and taking some pictures.  I agree that @Matt Harwood and/or Doug Seybold would be able to help determine a value.  Both, however, would likely want to see more...

Not to pile on here, but we don't know anything about the correctness of the interior or the engine compartment, both of which would influence the asking price.  Since we all agree this is potentially a valuable BUICK, perhaps the person who contacted Pete could be convinced to hire Pete or Marty Roth to do an informal, in-person "appraisal", resulting in a value range. This would be helpful in establishing an asking price for use in the ad. 

I'm by no means an expert in marketing old BUICK's, but I sense the number of buyers seeking a convertible sedan of this general vintage is fairly limited, especially once the asking price exceeds $50,000-$60,000. Not to say there aren't buyers out there...but it could take longer to find one.  John

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Grant Z said:

There were only 508 of the 1941 71Cs produced (according to Matt Harwood's literature).

There were only 312 produced.  It took me two years to sell my 71-C with a freshly rebuilt engine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 8:19 PM, Pete Phillips said:

Dibarlaw is correct. Owner is currently advertising it in the Buick Club's magazine for $59,900.

Pete

Is it advertised with just a single photo. 

Posted (edited)

This may be of interest.---i wonder if it still has its leather interior.

IMG_2684.JPG41 76c.JPG

Edited by Wayne R (see edit history)