exhaust nut ON flange stud

cquisuila

If you only need the nuts, brass ones like those pictured above are nice because they won't rust themselves to the studs and are therefore easier to remove.  The downside is they probably can only be used once (maybe twice).

10 minutes ago, telriv said:

The studs are a course thread screwing into the manifolds & a fine nut on the other end.

I have the correct parts in stock.

Tom T.

But i live in France !😁

Here is a French vendor for  Never Seez.

I use it on all my exhaust system parts. It will keep the studs and nuts from rusting, also help lubricate the brass/steel stud. The old Navy saying was "Bad deal, brass and steel" but sometimes you have to do it.

I put the Never Seez on all the joints- flange faces, slip joints, anywhere the pipes and parts are joined. It helps if you want to disassemble the system later.

https://www.ubuy.fr/en/product/UV8VNK-never-seez-nsbt-8-silver-gray-regular-grade-anti-seize-compound-8-fl-oz-brush-top-can

61apsAbZ-oL._SL1000_.jpg.45887261f4776a7c6e9f295645c20708.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cquisuila said:

hello

can you send me 2 in an enveloppe ? please

i bought them

*Tom T says he sells them. He just said so.  Try dealing with that guy

*I'm a guy like you. I have my own crap to fix. 

*It's too hard today to replace Made in USA stuff with more Made in USA Stuff. 

*Amazon sells them.  You just ordered some. 

*No good deed goes unpunished.

23 minutes ago, gungeey said:

*Tom T says he sells them. He just said so.  Try dealing with that guy

*I'm a guy like you. I have my own crap to fix. 

*It's too hard today to replace Made in USA stuff with more Made in USA Stuff. 

*Amazon sells them.  You just ordered some. 

*No good deed goes unpunished.

i have canceled the order because it is not good

and  for sold, sorry, i had the wrong person 😋

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)

1 hour ago, telriv said:

The studs are a course thread screwing into the manifolds & a fine nut on the other end.

I have the correct parts in stock.

Tom T.

if you want i can buy this

you can put in an enveloppe

otherwise this is the right model as DORMAN 675-031 ? diameter 1/2 and not 3/8 ?

i have a riviera 1966 with an original engine 425

3 hours ago, cquisuila said:

so diameter 1/2 and not 3/8 ??

dorman 675-031 Double Ended Stud - 1/2-13 x 3/4 In. and 1/2-20 x 1-1/16 In., 10 Pack Universal Fit

The threads might be the same diameter but each end has a different TPI - threads per inch. One end is coarse threads, the other end is fine threads.  Look closely at the picture that EmTee posted to see the difference.

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

The threads might be the same diameter but each end has a different TPI - threads per inch. One end is coarse threads, the other end is fine threads.  Look closely at the picture that EmTee posted to see the difference.

yes i know the different threads on nuts

UNC or UFC🙂

21 minutes ago, cquisuila said:

yes i know the different threads on nuts

UNC or UFC🙂

For US nuts and bolts you’ll need to know the diameter expressed as a fraction, and the TPI which is expressed as a number.  For example, your lug nuts are 1/2 - 20.  Head bolts on a nailhead are 7/16 - 13.  Many different thread pitches, most are unique to the industry and not readily available at your local hardware store.  And none are that crazy British Whitworth sizing.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

6 hours ago, EmTee said:

The Dorman stud is 1/2".  It looks like the manifold side needs to be fine thread.

Order these:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-675-031-Double-Ended-Stud/dp/B0037ZD8B8

https://www.amazon.com.au/Dorman-675-109-Double-Ended-Stud/dp/B0037ZDAYS

I'm sorry - I corrected the size stated in my earlier text.  They are all apparently 1/2" studs.  I posted the links based on the Dorman part numbers in @gungeey's picture.

20240117_095026.jpg.da6e4810fe72d7853889

2 minutes ago, RivNut said:

For US nuts and bolts you’ll need to know the diameter expressed as a fraction, and the TPI which is expressed as a number.  For example, your lug nuts are 1/2 - 20.  Head bolts on a nailhead are 7/16 - 13.  Many different thread pitches, most are unique to the industry and not readily available at your local hardware store.  

YES IT finds in France the us bolts, nuts but not us double end stud....

4 minutes ago, EmTee said:

I'm sorry - I corrected the size stated in my earlier text.  They are all apparently 1/2" studs.  I posted the links based on the Dorman part numbers in @gungeey's picture.

20240117_095026.jpg.da6e4810fe72d7853889

I HAVE corrected with 1/2 and not 3/8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cquisuila said:

In France we found bolts and nuts type inch🙂

French bolts can get a real conversation going at a friend's shop. He innocently "stepped into" an MG TD project that had been shabbily rebuilt. Here is a quote from an MG guide:

Engine

This list compiled with the help of Dave DuBois.

Note: The engine and transmission are French Standard Metric (NOT ISO Metric), with Whitworth heads:5 x 0.75 mm, 6 x 1.0 mm, 8 x 1.0 mm, 10 x 1.5 mm and 12 x 1.5 mm. reflecting their being built in the Hotchkiss Machine Gun Factory.

Back in the 1960s I started learning about cars and never forgot one famous quote "The French copy no one.... and no one copies the French".

• Haha 1

Poor guy, trying to repair an American vehicle with inch threads. 

Today in the US we have access to lots of metric fasteners,  but trying to find something special in metric 

would be a similar issue for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

I don,t understand...

Trying to repair a riviera 1966 without inch is very difficult....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cquisuila said:
11 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

I don,t understand...

Trying to repair a riviera 1966 without inch is very difficult....

Je ne comprends pas!

5 hours ago, XframeFX said:

Je ne comprends pas!

I don't understand Barney who tells "repair with inch threads" while my buick riviera has inch threads😁

8 hours ago, cquisuila said:

I don't understand

I take it simply as sarcasm. With all the fasteners on the internet, we find it just as difficult sourcing "specialty fasteners" in metric as yourself in SAE.

An ongoing struggle to source loacally for all of us. Let's face it, Vendors and Buyers are not interested in small online transactions, a few brass nuts for example. However, courier companies Love it!

I don't understand the confusion and no sarcasm intended......... something must have been lost in the translation. 

If i had the studs he needs I would send them to France. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

I don't understand the confusion and no sarcasm intended......... something must have been lost in the translation. 

If i had the studs he needs I would send them to France. 

no problem :)

simply inch nuts are not compatible with metric nuts it is normal

• Like 1

I worked in manufacturing for 38 years and have a pretty good working knowledge of fasteners. 

Have seen sizes from 3/8 to 1/2 reported as the correct size.   I know it is a Buick but 1/2 seems excessive. 

cquisuila... what is the outside diameter of the stud you need.... give me metric and I will convert to inch measurement. 

On 1/29/2024 at 10:33 PM, Barney Eaton said:

I worked in manufacturing for 38 years and have a pretty good working knowledge of fasteners. 

Have seen sizes from 3/8 to 1/2 reported as the correct size.   I know it is a Buick but 1/2 seems excessive. 

cquisuila... what is the outside diameter of the stud you need.... give me metric and I will convert to inch measurement. 

image.png.c26c0c852733304a8223f74ec321bfb8.png

i VERIFY on my car RIVIERA 1966 and this the reality : nut 1/2 20 out (i have used a 3/4 wrench to unscrew the nut)

I asked to telriv to buy the bolts but unfortunatly it is expensive to ship to France for individual person

I passed with rockauto

Edited by cquisuila (see edit history)