are you ready for winter??

garnetkid

I have had the coat for 56 years and used it when living in Alberta and I walked to work when the temps dropped below -20C.  you could just wear a T shirt under it and not get cold they are that warm.  You would be glad to have it you happened to break down during a prairie winter blizzard.  Of course that wouldn't happen if you were driving a Buick!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

~20 years ago we had two other couples over for New Years Eve.  Dinner out was coat and tie at a local establishment and then back to our house to ring in the new year.  The other two gentlemen thought I should get my 1923 Buick out and take us all to dinner. It will be fun they thought. 5 miles one way in 15 F weather can’t be that bad. That old Buick will start won’t it?  Oh, now they dropped a gauntlet….

The Buick did just fine. The wife knew what she was in for and wore her fur coat, fur hat and brought a lap blanket.  Our guests got a refreshing ride.  We supplied them several lap blankets.  After dinner on the way home, you could not see any of the four in the back seat. Blankets covered them from head to toe. 

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Century Eight said:

Another good reason not to ride motorcycles.

The Russian motorcycle company Ural makes bikes with chains in the back for snow and ice, with a detachable 3rd wheel in the back to get 2 wheels on the ice with chains and 2 wheel drive. I don't think any of the Siberians care about getting cold hands and pinky toes. If you get cold, drink woodka