For Sale: 1965 Oldsmobile Starfire Convertible - "95% Original paint, Perfect chrome" - "Car runs perfect, Very dependable" - Mt Sinai, NY - Not Mine - 10/16 Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1965 Oldsmobile Starfire Convertible in Mt Sinai, NY  -  $24,900  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1010884203437969/-1965-Oldsmobile-Starfire-Convertible

Seller's Description:

1965 Oldsmobile Starfire Convertible

• Driven 112,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Red
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1965 Starfire Convertible big block 425 air condition power windows, power top, power seats, power steering, brakes, tilt steering wheel only 2,236 produced that year in convertibles not many left that exists. original black color, with red interior. all gauges convertible top in working order car runs perfect very dependable. There is no Bondo or body work on this car dashboard has no cracks interior in perfect condition body panels laser straight 95% original paint,  perfect Chrome and stainless, convertible boot cover in the trunk. very dependable can drive it anywhere.

image.png.ba8f7064944bb22ee697013f8ee3f2ba.png

image.png.144911328e01da4731734f075c544443.png

image.png.2d889ce76796db258bc5d6ea7cad50bb.png

image.png.818c32094e103cb8d43288176ee4d518.png

image.png.361b5b740fdd6f86d089499d29d66b75.png

image.png.606547520f78248dc0d7d7f25234c56a.png

image.png.2f38d8fa5fda3db3642314195d2ff819.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

54 minutes ago, kingrudy said:

Absolutely stunning! I really love the way the dash was styled. 

The dash (gauge cluster) is very cool in it's design. This is the only way to buy a car like this as somebody has already done the work.  Putting something like this together would cost a fortune. I wonder if the A/C blows cold as it has what appears to be the original compressor.  It's a beauty!!!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

Very nice! Always loved the rear quarter panel exhaust cut outs on these.

Until you have to find good diecast chrome trim or the exhaust extensions and rubber seals. Most 65 owners are routing the exhaust under the rear bumper to preserve the impossible to replace mouldings.

The 65 is probably the most difficult Starfire to restore because of its one-year-only Starfire-only trim and rear end styling. The only thing the rear half of the car shares with a Dynamic or Delta is the decklid.

Interestingly someone on classicoldsmobile.com has a NOS 65 coupe quarterpanel for sale.

This one has 1966 wire caps and seats appear to have been redone in vinyl. Nicely done though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, deac said:

The dash (gauge cluster) is very cool in it's design. This is the only way to buy a car like this as somebody has already done the work.  Putting something like this together would cost a fortune. I wonder if the A/C blows cold as it has what appears to be the original compressor.  It's a beauty!!!

You are correct.  While I think $24,000 is a lot of money, in the grand scheme of things, it's a pittance.  I love 60's large convertibles and would be happy with a 1965 98 convertible with a bench seat, but in this same condition, those cost $17,000 to $25,000 anyway. 

I agree with Glenn, route the exhaust to dump under the rear bumper, unseen.  Thanks Glenn for coming on and commenting. 

As for the wheels, this is one area I would change, although still keep it Oldsmobile.  I would go with the SS 1 (correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the SS1 was the 5 spoke rim, SS 2 was the painted interior style) in 15 x 7.  Would add that muscle car look, with a neat Olds Rocket center cap.  Wire wheel covers or hubcaps don't do much for me on a late Starfire. 

• Like 1

A guy in my hometown bought one of these new.  It was a hardtop and 4 speed!  He and his brother owned and operated a small two man coal mining operation on the outskirts of town.  The exhaust coming out those cutouts on a cool day was really unique.  Besides the Olds he had a mid 60s BSA motorcycle and of course a pickup truck.

1 hour ago, rocketraider said:

Depending on the source, either 152 or 172 four-speed 65 coupes were produced. There are also a number of four-speed 65 convertibles. Big, bad Oldsmobiles!😎

I have friends (2 different) with 4 speed Starfire convertibles.  The 1st time I saw one I just stared at it, a Unicorn.   It wasn’t for sale.  It was dusty, solid but not a #2 car or anything.   

I don’t want it even if it was offered.  Prefer this car.  

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1965 Oldsmobile Starfire Convertible - "95% Original paint, Perfect chrome" - "Car runs perfect, Very dependable" - Mt Sinai, NY - Not Mine - 10/16 Deleted