27 dodge

The former owner of my 25 coupe was going to sell it to a hotrodder to exactly this to it. When I heard about this, I offered him more and promised to preserve the car he finally agreed. It would have been sad to see our car look like that instead of this.

SAM_1022.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 4:51 AM, Mattml430 said:

Abuse, butchery, rape, mistreatment, mental illness, bastardry. 
A perfect case where capital punishment needs to be brought back. 

Everything was rusted out I saved it from a metal recycling dumpster no floor no body mounts body was nailed down with 4 penny common nails to 5/8 plywood nothing but the sides of the body left after 40 years left outside no floor no subframe nothing everything was gone sorry guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kennysingleton said:

Everything was rusted out I saved it from a metal recycling dumpster no floor no body mounts body was nailed down with 4 penny common nails to 5/8 plywood nothing but the sides of the body left after 40 years left outside no floor no subframe nothing everything was gone sorry guys

Oh and that was funny

• Like 1

Actually, contrary to popular belief, there are many on this site that don't have their noses so far up and do like hot rods, they just don't talk about them.

Those of us that would rather try and do something with a clapped-out relic don't have any problems with what you have here.

My self being one of those.

I am quite certain the MattMs comments were meant jokingly.

And I hope that if the OP actually has this piece in his possession that he will in fact save it from the scrappers.

There are some reading this that may have the wherewithal to take this car back to original, But not many would really do that.

If you possess the skills to make something out of this I say go for it. 

I see what appears to be an 8 3/4 rear end laying there, Thats a good start. (love the choice of wheels and tires by the way).

I kinda like the looks of what may be a gate post lamp in the box. Not for the car, for my gate post.

Have fun, there are no rules when it comes to the rat rods.  HOWEVER !!!!  Get original and stay away from the SBCs. they are like a***ls.

These old relics will get you trophies if you can find a Hemi to put in it.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with using that body for a hot rod.  There is nothing left to it. 

My issue is with resto-rodding perfectly nice cars.   For example the blue coupe posted earlier.  Although the whitewalls on that are also a crime but of a much lesser degree.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JACK M said:

Actually, contrary to popular belief, there are many on this site that don't have their noses so far up and do like hot rods, they just don't talk about them.

Those of us that would rather try and do something with a clapped-out relic don't have any problems with what you have here.

My self being one of those.

I am quite certain the MattMs comments were meant jokingly.

And I hope that if the OP actually has this piece in his possession that he will in fact save it from the scrappers.

There are some reading this that may have the wherewithal to take this car back to original, But not many would really do that.

If you possess the skills to make something out of this I say go for it. 

I see what appears to be an 8 3/4 rear end laying there, Thats a good start. (love the choice of wheels and tires by the way).

I kinda like the looks of what may be a gate post lamp in the box. Not for the car, for my gate post.

Have fun, there are no rules when it comes to the rat rods.  HOWEVER !!!!  Get original and stay away from the SBCs. they are like a***ls.

These old relics will get you trophies if you can find a Hemi to put in it.

I am trying to go hemi 392 or smaller or a 340 I'm tired of seeing Chevy crap in everything. If there was more left of this 27 I'd try to go back to original an yes I laughed for a while about the oh so funny comment how hilarious. I'm trying to let the rear go  it's supposed to be from a 63 impala its a posi unit not sure of the gears yet but it does have a large P and a round id tag oh that is not the 27 top or roof its from a different make and happened to fit that was also saved from another scrap metal pile anyway I'm having fun with it like suicide doors I did lean the windshield in also 9 inch tub moved the fender wells in 8 inches to have the wheels up under the car an im going give her lots of chemo patch up the rusted fenders an use em lots of skin cancer all over her body gonna call her patches for all the donor skin graft shes getting from a body shop in mt holly va that has let me have metal from wrecks have a good day people keep it rolling

• Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 8:32 PM, Kennysingleton said:

Anybody know what's going on here 😉

IMG_20230828_003650.jpg

Not sure what's going on there, but I'd guess there must have been A LOT of crystal meth involved....

I'm just sayin ;) 

On 8/31/2023 at 1:51 AM, Mattml430 said:

Abuse, butchery, rape, mistreatment, mental illness, bastardry. 
A perfect case where capital punishment needs to be brought back. 

You forgot quartered ;) 

21 hours ago, alsancle said:

I don't have a problem with using that body for a hot rod.  There is nothing left to it. 

Agreed

There is 2 ways to do the door hinges I think I can let the top one go or I can lengthen the top one like other cars had. The doors are so cancerous shoot everything has rust windshield all the garnish molding if some of the people would make the body panels well yes I would have went with factory but I got no engine transmission or rear end but i did get the factory front axle an steering column  but no steering wheel id like to find a factory steering wheel. I think the car was raced back in the 60s a name is on the door but I can't make it out. Like a half to an inch of dirt on the front axle an gear box when I cleaned them up they were like near new.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2023 at 10:26 PM, Kennysingleton said:

Why would you think about as a grown man pulling your pants down in front of a grandmother an why put snake eyes under your pants lmao funny people here anyway I found a zepher v12 any ideas on putting that in the 27 the price is right am looking for a hemi tho

It is a simple but stark analogy trying to make the point that this is not a hot rod site. The analogy is not meant to be funny, it is designed to show how something is completely unacceptable in the wrong place.