1948 Buick Super Estate Wagon - $39,995 (Bellevue WA))

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/bellevue-1948-buick-super-estate-wagon/7642649814.html

1948 Buick "Woodie" Estate Wagon powered by 248ci Fireball straight-eight to column shifted three-speed manual trans-mission. The car was purchased new in small town in Ohio, spent time with one family weekend car. Work since late 2022 consisted of rebuilding the generator and master cylinder, overhauling the brakes and replacing the exhaust manifold, gaskets, voltage regulator, condenser and points. It was repainted under previous ownership, the Hercules bodied wagon is finished in gray with darker accenting on the hood. Features include Borg Electric clock, radio, wood paneling, a vinyl roof cover, a hood ornament, vertical-bar grille with "Buick Eight" lettering, chrome bumpers with overriders, "Super" script on the airfoil-style front fenders in addition to a two-piece windshield, rear fender skirts, polished gravel guards and dual side mirrors. Steel 15" wheels with chrome trim rings and Buick branded hubcaps, Goodyear Arriva whitewalls. The Super rides on an independent front suspension, solid rear axle, coil springs all corners. Braking is hydraulic assisted four wheel dreams, rear brakes overhauled in 2023. Service records of rebuild 2022/2023.
Side trim & right rear quarter small dents, left front fender has scratch. Refurbished photos & manufacturers literature. $39,995.00 or best offer by July 17th 6:00pm   odometer: 38000       Check out driving videos https://youtu.be/u_VeNlstd2w https://youtu.be/-4P2JOJJAdw

call or text  

(206) 650-4765

00g0g_al71bXR3R1f_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_3vnpXZnFJ6a_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_jld5K4Co6Fj_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_j6bGl6ylNY3_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_9F1CKMuLKgN_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_9zCJ19yBrmh_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

00404_5G80KX2SJTL_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

That's a cool car and very fairly priced at 40k.  Buyer needs to evaluate the wood before buying it....

7 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

Are those the standard taillights and backup lights? They look kinda strange.

3 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Something doesn't look quite right to me with the wood side panels.  Almost like there should be another piece in the inserts. 

8 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

Is that the normal kind of roof for such a woodie?

The subject wagon is all factory stock, roof, wood, and tail lights with optional back-up lights. Here are a couple of similar ones:

Images of Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon (79) 1947

1948 Buick Super Estate Wagon Model 59 - Sequoia Cream - rvr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had an exchange with the seller at least some 9(?) months ago about this wagon having seen it perhaps on Craig's at the time. Its a very genuine car and I am very fond of reference car survivor condition which is "HPOF" in this club's context. I would own it but with distance from me and limited bank account, it was just a bridge too far despite my passion for it.
All things considered, what I thought it really needed to sell was a close personal inspection, of the wood in particular. Maybe a few prospectives have done that and walked away? Maybe someone from AACA will get that done and be driving this great piece?

3 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I'm no expert on Buick wood wagons, but the 

upholstery material may be incorrect.  Can anyone

tell us definitively?

Should be leather

If I could have sold a couple of cars I would go and make this car mine.

But, alas. Money and space keep me from moving on it......😢😢😢