1965 Electra Coupe $8300 Nebraska

Marketplace - 1965 Buick Electra 225 | Facebook

I posted this car about a year ago and that ad had 1-2 bad photos.  Car needs paint, but it's a rarely seen model from an attractive year and if the mileage is truly 33,000, then you have a collector car. 

I doubt I am a buyer, but if a buyer could get this for $5,000, would you professionally paint it?  If you found a decent "rural" not big name body shop that would do it for $10,000, you would have a nice $15,000 car.  

Product photo of 1965 Buick Electra 225

Seller's Description

1965 Buick Electra 225 2-door. 33,000 miles. Bunch of photos included. Paint it or drive it like it is. 100% of the trim is there. It’s a true 33,000 mile car.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd probably drive it as-is.  In my opinion, a 20-footer is just as fun, but that's just me.  It's been for sale for a couple weeks; you may be able to pick it up for under $7000.  You can drive it and decide if you want to paint it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aaron65 said:

I'd probably drive it as-is.  In my opinion, a 20-footer is just as fun, but that's just me.  It's been for sale for a couple weeks; you may be able to pick it up for under $7000.  You can drive it and decide if you want to paint it.  

Aaron - I kind of agree.  It has been for sale for at least a year. He just deleted older ads and redid the ads.  It’s all about price.  I think he started in the $14,000 range.  

A guess would be it has a 401 cu. in. 4-bbl engine. It seems unusual that the seller would show almost 20 detailed pictures of rather insignificant things like the jack, taillights, trim mouldings, hubcaps, bumper ends, door jambs, the car up on a lift etc. and not a single shot of the engine compartment. IMO this car really needs a new paint job and that's a big expense for most prospective buyers. 

On 6/8/2023 at 8:20 AM, The 55er said:

A guess would be it has a 401 cu. in. 4-bbl . IMO this car really needs a new paint job and that's a big expense for most prospective buyers. 

I’m glad someone agrees with me.  That’s why it has not sold IMO.  Plus price. 

On 6/7/2023 at 9:06 AM, B Jake Moran said:

Marketplace - 1965 Buick Electra 225 | Facebook

I posted this car about a year ago and that ad had 1-2 bad photos.  Car needs paint, but it's a rarely seen model from an attractive year and if the mileage is truly 33,000, then you have a collector car. 

I doubt I am a buyer, but if a buyer could get this for $5,000, would you professionally paint it?  If you found a decent "rural" not big name body shop that would do it for $10,000, you would have a nice $15,000 car.  

Product photo of 1965 Buick Electra 225

Seller's Description

1965 Buick Electra 225 2-door. 33,000 miles. Bunch of photos included. Paint it or drive it like it is. 100% of the trim is there. It’s a true 33,000 mile car.

NO!   Paint is good.  Seems no one is satisfied with a "factory" level paint.  I am not in the market, for several reasons,  but this would make a good driver at present asking price.  NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS RESTORED.

Ben

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I like the style of this car, though I would have it

repainted if I owned it.  One rarely sees 1965 Electra

coupes;  Rivieras of the same year are probably 100 times

more common.

Since the pictures disappeared that were originally posted,

here are a few repeated from the original ad.  It's good to

have a long-term record:

junk--65 Buick 1.jpg

junk--65 Buick 2.jpg

junk--65 Buick 3.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It needs repainted, some say no, but there is enough environmental damage to justify an $8,000 paint job.  Choose that in a color of your choice, or match it to the gold.  Either way, a person would have a nice 2 door hardtop from the mid century modern era of ranch house and fedoras for $16,000 or so.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...