For Sale: 1959 Olds Super 88 Holiday Scenic Coupe - "Excellent condition, Factory a/c" - New Windsor, NY - Not Mine - 3/25/24 Reduced

For sale on Facebook: 1959 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday 2-door Hardtop in New Windsor, NY  -  $39,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

On 3/25/24, Seller reduced price to $33,500

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/6440742449320615/-1959-Oldsmobile-Super-88-Holiday-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1959 Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday 2-door Hardtop

• Excellent condition
  • Driven 68,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Brown · Interior color: White
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

FACTORY A/C PROFESSIONALLY REFINISHED CLIMATE CONTRLLED STORAGE MUST SEE APPOINTMENT ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY

image.png.19215f61129be5a436502c19f32d0519.png

image.png.b001af69730da340597b6feca8a0eb81.png

image.png.35e68214fc1bc3c62e5e7e96cd1089a4.png

image.png.c5c03973c8f576da8ddac16d6cd19c7d.png

image.png.f95abd298386b52fdd76d0ccf384e9bd.png

image.png.39474be9c9c7ec1a5dcf893452f9f5c1.png.

image.png.e093c620d89e25d721a58529c52c7b67.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Olds Super 88 Holiday Hardtop - "Excellent condition, Factory a/c" - New Windsor, NY - Not Mine

I am a big fan of this year Olds. This car has a lot of things going for it, such as this car has the right number of doors, and is a Super 88 (not the Dynamic 88, very clean looking interior, paint and chrome. That said, I believe that price is a little high. As a comparison I recall a two door '58 Olds that had a copper color (better look in my opinion) that was not even close to this price.

Granted, that's a lot of money and 1959 is not my favorite year for Oldsmobiles but this a Super 88 Holiday SceniCoupe and you'd be hard-pressed to find another one this nice (if a better one even exists). Factory A/C too. Maybe a discriminating collector here in the US (or abroad) will step up to the plate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If this car had a Chevy emblem on it and it was out here in California it could fetch a high 30's price.  It's a nice bubble top Olds and as 55er says it would be hard to find another in this condition

• Like 1

Really,really nice car !!!!!!

BUT....

For that money, which should buy a "PERFECT" car, the least the seller could have done was to post some underhood/engine pictures and some undercarriage shots so the condition of those areas could be looked at.. And the tires look, well, tired.

Could have put a lot more info in the description part of the ad like if it runs and drives.

Does "Professionally Refinished" mean the car was restored or just detailed?

$39,500 ???????

Probably not, especially if a "flipper" is lurking.🐬🐬🐬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLDS NZ said:

For the record, I believe all the 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 series cars came from the factory with 371 cu. in. engines. The Raleigh auction listing states twice that the "untouched original" 1959 Olds Dynamic 88 in their auction has a 394 engine. Maybe it's just a typo or possibly somebody didn't do their homework when researching the car. Also the Raleigh car has incorrect outside mirrors and they're not mounted in the correct locations either. These statements are just my opinion, OLDSFAN will know for sure. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, deac said:

Looks nice! Are they worth $39 thousand??

20 hours ago, Fossil said:

Not around here they aren't. 

I agree that it's priced far too high.  I don't know

who the seller is, but the adage often holds true:

DEALER PRICE /2  =  REALISTIC PRICE

It's not merely that greed is bad.  Don't sellers know

that realistic asking prices help the hobby?  They enable

newcomers to own an old car they have previously

only admired from afar.  Realistic prices make the hobby

attainable for more people and help build up our clubs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The 55er said:

These statements are just my opinion, OLDSFAN will know for sure. 

I've been summoned...

Ha!

Yes, according to the brochure specifications D88s were equipped with 371s, But rocketraider's mother had a new '60 with a 394. So who knows? I have to believe Glenn - I've known him for more years than I care to admit.

Incidentally, Mecum just ran a white '60 S88 SceniCoupe through at Indy. No a/c, but power windows, seat, WonderBar and full tinted glass. Price with buyer's premium was $39.6k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next time you're strolling through the Fall Hershey Car Corral take notice how many vehicles in there are reasonably priced. If you walked the whole length of the corral you could probably keep track of the entire number using your fingers. Heck, they're almost all overpriced, some by a factor of two or even three. This 1959 Olds Super 88 SceniCoupe would be right at home there, and the price would be totally in line with everything else. If it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures with a little negotiating it might even be a Hershey bargain. Since the car is in New York, it could still be for sale in October and may actually show up there. I'll be watching for it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2023 at 12:17 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

I agree that it's priced far too high.  I don't know

who the seller is, but the adage often holds true:

DEALER PRICE /2  =  REALISTIC PRICE

It's not merely that greed is bad.  Don't sellers know

that realistic asking prices help the hobby?  They enable

newcomers to own an old car they have previously

only admired from afar.  Realistic prices make the hobby

attainable for more people and help build up our clubs.

I really don't think that equation holds for this car, from what I can see.  The asking price is not crazy for a '59 GM coupe with A/C in what appears to be fine condition.  A '59 Bonneville in like condition could well be north of $50K.   

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Olds Super 88 Holiday Scenic Coupe - "Excellent condition, Factory a/c" - New Windsor, NY - Not Mine - 3/25/24 Reduced
4 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Not sure how I missed this one but WOW!

My thoughts exactly but despite the split in the center bottom cushion of the front seat it is still a lot of $ with unknown condition under the hood, chassis etc.

Car will have been here for sale for a year in about a month or so from now, so a few people agree with the idea - great car but a bit steep in price.

I am thinking if they were interested in it they are taking into consideration the $ to get it to their location, state sales tax to pay on the purchase price and what condition is the wiring in, hoses, tires? Looks great doesn't mean it isn't dried out .Not trying to be negative just realistic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Walt G said:

My thoughts exactly but despite the split in the center bottom cushion of the front seat it is still a lot of $ with unknown condition under the hood, chassis etc.

Car will have been here for sale for a year in about a month or so from now, so a few people agree with the idea - great car but a bit steep in price.

I am thinking if they were interested in it they are taking into consideration the $ to get it to their location, state sales tax to pay on the purchase price and what condition is the wiring in, hoses, tires? Looks great doesn't mean it isn't dried out .Not trying to be negative just realistic.

I agree, several unknowns here. I'm a little disappointed in the non-power windows in a car that has several options. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 1