For Sale: 1975 Buick Electra 225 4dr Hardtop, 71K miles, unique colors - $7,900 - Stockton, IA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1975 Buick Electra 225 4dr Hardtop, 71K miles, unique colors - $7,900 - Stockton, IA
1975 Buick Electra 225 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

One of the nicest 75 Buick's out there. 70,000 actual miles with the Buick 455 engine, Runs and drives great on new tires and front brakes. This car has the factory orange paint that really pops on a sunny day. The top is from George Barris dealer installed option when new, I have the original documentation on this option. Power windows, steering and brakes.
EVERYTHING works, cold air. This car was ordered new in Ames by a Professor and still has the original dealer plate on the trunk lid. NO rust, not driven in the winter, interior perfect. Purchased recently purchased from a 85-year-old 2nd owner. Spare never used.
This car grabs a lot of attention, it is a pretty cool car, must see 7,900.00. Please no trades Located 7 miles from Blue Grass or Walcott near Stockton. This is a great car
Copy and paste in your email: 2a5d36d3e7993cbb8e63c1fe82b0a5c6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1975 Buick Electra 225 4dr Hardtop.

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA a.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA b.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA c.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA d.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA e.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA f.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA g.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA h.jpg

'75 Buick Electra 225 IA i.jpg

That's a great "Iowa Specific" camo top!  Sorta disappears altogether when sitting in the field, but the orange/copper paint on the body really kills the effect.

However, the compass mounted on the dash would be really helpful as the landscape there looks the same in every direction.🙂🙃

Edited by Twisted Shifter (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

That was very common at the time.  Two years later there would be two orange streaks bleeding down the trunk lid.  At least they put this one on straight and level...

12 hours ago, Macsmopars said:

Imagine, buying this car new then noticing that the Dealership drove two sheet metal screws into your trunk lid to advertise. 🤬

I refuse to take delivery of any vehicle with the dealership's advertisement on it.

If they want me to advertise for them, they better pay me for it.

The fact they used screws is just infuriating.

But, it is still a great looking car is great condition.

Folks, this car has been on the forum before.  It was owned by a nice Buick (mainly) collector just north of Ames Iowa, hence Benson Buick with it's ISU slogan on there.  Benson is no longer a Buick dealer, but I don't begrudge when a dealer insignia is on a car, not sure why that is a big deal.  

Last year it was sold to this guy, the current seller.  Kind of a flip.  I mentioned in a facebook messenger contact regarding the car and the current seller said yes this was the car, and that he just had too many cars.  Then why buy it in the 1st place!  Oh well. 

Some have mentioned a dislike of that top, and it is curious.  If that's a deal breaker I certainly understand as there are millions of collector cars to choose from, no need to choose this one. 

But I love it.  I believe it is a factory authorized installment and that there is some form of documentation that it was and is original.  It's quirky, but tells a story.  It dates the car and in my opinion looks more interesting than the millions of stupid "carriage roofs" dealers installed for 25 years on Buicks, Olds, and Cadillacs to give the geriatric owners the "feel" of a convertible top. 

I think the only determinant is price here.  I know the previous owner took great care of his Buicks, I have been there.  He's a well off farmer who built several buildings to house them and when I went - you could eat off the floor.  But, I am sure like all aging collectors, some cars need to go.  

B Jake Moran makes several good points above. I still have to say that IF the dealer tag was added to the car between the time the car was purchased, and the time the original owner picked the car up I would be upset. This year, I purchased a new car. Agreed on a price. They prepped the car for me over a day or two then called me in to inspect the car and purchase. I noticed an additional $1300.00 added to the agreed price. They explained it was for "nitrogen in the tires, and Arizona tinting to the already factory tinted windows". I refused the car because of this and got up to just simply leave. Of coarse this drew attention, but this was not my intention, I was simply making a point. Bottom line, they removed the extra tinting, and left the nitrogen in the tires(a $60.00 per tire charge) . I went ahead with the purchase... My point being, get what you pay for, forget the added items even if they are as benign as a "free" dealer tag.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

...the millions of stupid "carriage roofs" dealers installed for 25 years on Buicks, Olds, and Cadillacs to give the geriatric owners the "feel" of a convertible top. 

Jake, I must defend car owners and "carriage roofs."

Not all such car fans are prospects for the old-folks home!

And you certainly don't hate Duesenbergs, do you?

One of our local members has a victoria coupe with a 

FIXED convertible-type top.  Theirs is the oldest recognized

car museum in the U. S., as their founder started collecting

cars in 1920!

Car Club 2015 Spring Tour (37).JPG