YOUTUBE videos of vintage car shows in India and the British Isles

dodge28

I noticed recently on YUTUBE thousands of videos being uploaded  including vintage car shows from all over big cities in India and the British  Isle. Even for motor bikes and heavy trucks. I spend hours looking at them. Also thousands of travel and cooking shows from all over the world. It seams to be be the new trend  of looking at TV, There are videos on how to rewire Delco 10 SI and 15 S1 , even repairing watches and clocks.

• Thanks 1

I am not trying to promote You Tube or any one. There are more junk on You Tube that you can throw a stick at. There  are lots of motor related apps on there.  No one forces any one to read . There is one video that shows how to re upholster car seats , Another shows how to trim pre world war cars, How to check and get your non starting cars going . I suspect members of your club are the ones who are uploading these aps. 

I looked at vintage car show in off all places , Coimbaroir in Southern India .  There are some American cars, right hand drive, even a brass "t"  I could not believe there were about 160 cars.

Who is Mark Zuckerburg ? The only news channel I look at is CNN, Not You Tube..

Do I sense a veiled threat in your reply ?

• Like 1

It has been my experience  it comes to YouTube videos regarding automotive repair & maintenance advice that one usually needs a few grains or pound or TONS of salt due to sometimes finding incorrect information. 

One example was changing the spark plugs on my then 20+ year old vehicle. Access to one of the plugs was difficult due to the engine valve cover. The YouTuber said that cover had to be removed in order to change the spark plug (which in their defense was what the OEM repair manual said as well).  The B.S. detector in my brain went off so I called a mechanic friends of my who laughed his rear end off when I told him. He then told me that there was a tool I could buy (not very expensive) for the job. Then he offered to let me borrow his tool which I did. Even with the time I spent getting & returning the tool I saved time and the money on a replacement valve cover gasket.

Another example was a YouTube Video about how to replace the shift bushings on the manual transmission on another on of my vehicles. He gave a long drawn out process to remove the shift rod which had to be done because there was not enough clearance to remove it any other way. When I did the job myself I laughed my rear end off when I was able to remove the shift rod by simply turning it to and odd position and it slid right out.

I think of these two examples and others before I follow advice from YouTube automotive repair/maintenance/restoration creators without questioning their procedures.  Yes, there is content on YouTube that is correct and can be very helpful. One just has to find it.

• Like 1

Yes, depending on your computer and TV, the easiest is an HDMI cable.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to YOUTUBE videos of vintage car shows in India and the British Isles

My TV is HDMI also labeled as a smart TV because it remembers what you look at most frequently. The remote control that comes with the service provider is itself a voice activated device. With the TV on press the icon above the #2  and there will appear on the top left hand corner says "LISTENING"  You can say CNN,  or whatever you like. It will appear on the screen.  This system is great for bear drinkers while watching the games. Switcheroo from one station to the next.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:09 AM, 1937hd45 said:

I enjoy the travel videos, my computer screen is 19 inches wide. Is there some gizmo that would allow connection to a TV with a wider screen?

On 3/27/2023 at 10:12 AM, Frank DuVal said:

Yes, depending on your computer and TV, the easiest is an HDMI cable.

I agree.

If you are lucky your computer will have an HDMI output and nearly all recent TVs have an HDMI input, so I agree this is the easiest way. If your computer doesn't have an HDMI output the it likely has something else (DisplayPort, USB-C, etc.) that you can get an adapter to convert to HDMI. That all varies with brand and type of computer.

On 3/28/2023 at 5:55 PM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Computer not needed to watch You Tube on the television!    If the TV is a smart TV one should be able to "stream" you tube directly.  I use a ROKU device and watch on my big screen.

Ben

The search function on the YouTube “channel” for Roku is grim. While I have that “channel” (as Roku calls its apps) I will often just plug an HDMI adapter into my iPhone and use the phone to search and select videos to watch. Once a video starts it will go to full screen on my TV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I find it very interesting Studebaker was in existence around 1885  or about, manufacturing horse (Oats powered )  carriages and sleighs before getting into gas powered cars. I saw quite a few , made around the turn of the century on the run from London to Brighton.