Help identify car found on new property

Rywilson28

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased some property and while walking the land I found an old car. Can anyone help identify the type of car?  
While I do find it interesting, I do wonder if it would be of value to anyone. I hate to leave it there and rot. 

59933368-2695-41DE-99EF-A67CF33738F9.jpeg

F56CFA89-6BDE-4ACF-83DF-AA1423A604DB.jpeg

There are probably a number of small parts that are salvagable. If you have a tractor or similar a start would be to hook a chain on it and pull it back over , right side up.  If someone near you has a 1949 - 1952 Chevy they might need some parts. Not a lot of $ value but better than just tossing it in the scrap pile.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rywilson28 said:

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased some property and while walking the land I found an old car. Can anyone help identify the type of car?  
While I do find it interesting, I do wonder if it would be of value to anyone. I hate to leave it there and rot. 

59933368-2695-41DE-99EF-A67CF33738F9.jpeg

F56CFA89-6BDE-4ACF-83DF-AA1423A604DB.jpeg

Was that car driven by FLIP?

On 1/29/2023 at 8:59 AM, Rywilson28 said:

Clearly I’m not a car guy and like I said I would hate for it to sit there and rot.  

The fact you don't want it to deteriorate any further tells me you probably have a latent car guy gene just waiting to be unleashed.

Now that you've seen how good an old Chevy can look, you could do a lot worse for an old car than a 49-52 Chevy.🙂 Simple, dependable, good club and parts support... A good "first" old car!

Yeah, sometimes we're shameless around here.😄

5 hours ago, Rywilson28 said:

haha...  I already have enough expensive hobbies.  Not looking for another one

Like unwanted trouble, they find you... do not ask how I know.🙃

Seriously, in the interest of clearing the property and avoiding zoning neeners, I'd call a scrapper and have it hauled away. You'll get current metal scrap pricing and should you decide to save that license surround or other desirable part, that's money in your pocket.

It's way past saving and when it ended up there, probably 50 years or more ago, it was just an old worn-out car.

But we hope the seeds of another old car guy have been sown. These Chevys can still be found in good shape for cheap money and they're right up there with a Ford A for sheer fun of driving and ownership.

4 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Oh that's beautiful. I've never seen a Chevrolet wheel like that.

The 49-50 dashboard is an  elegant and friendly dash to view every day. That steering wheel is icing on the cake.

Neither have I until a week or so ago. Apparently that wheel is on 49-50 Special Deluxe models. 

14 hours ago, TooManyCars said:

Neither have I until a week or so ago. Apparently that wheel is on 49-50 Special Deluxe models. 

Same dash on both models, clocks and radios were optional, the dash was not painted that bright and that color either in 1949 and 50. In 1950 it a was a  dark gray green color, and 49  I believe it was a metallic medium gray brown color. Same dash just different surround colors were used

I don't believe that to be the correct deluxe wheel for 1950 either. 

This Chevy carcass looks like it was banged around and deposited in its current location by a bulldozer. There's no roof and it's been upside down in the woods  settling into the damp ground for many decades. What's worth saving? The remains of rusty seat springs and shreds of door upholstery? You can bet anything of any value was removed years ago. The remains of the ancient cars in the area U-Pull-It yards are in better shape than this (they're right side up) and after spending a reasonable amount of time out in the yard they go into the crusher. I wouldn't waste any time on it.

1 hour ago, 28 Chrysler said:

Advertise it on Craig's list as a 1949 Chevy that you can't  turn it over first $100 as is.

Be sure to post some pictures or your phone will be lighting up with prospective buyers thinking you're selling an antique car for $100 with a bad starter or a dead battery!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1