Vintige auto body shop before and after photos album

keiser31

A buddy of mine brought this book over and I found it to be pretty awesome. There are a TON of before and after photos of wrecked cars that have been repaired. There are some custom body photos, too. Here are a few of the large format images I shot photos of. There are about 50 photos in all. I believe they may be silver nitrate photos. The book is available and if anyone is interested I can supply the owner's name and number.

IMG_4128 (2).JPG

IMG_4127 (2).JPG

IMG_4129 (2).JPG

IMG_4130 (2).JPG

IMG_4158 (2).JPG

IMG_4160 (2).JPG

IMG_4153 (2).JPG

IMG_4156 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Labor was cheap, early cars all required labor intense regular service, valve grinds, re-ring etc all were commonly done jobs. I even wonder when auto insurance even started??  

Labor was cheap, early cars all required labor intense regular service, valve grinds, re-ring etc all were commonly done jobs. I even wonder when auto insurance even started??  

I had no idea about the insurance, learn something everyday!!

17 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Insurance was nothing new. Property insurance, business insurance, even coverage for your horse and carriage or damage caused by them, goes back more than two hundred years. Even before states required licensing for automobiles, some of them required insurance.

I had a customer that retired from owning a very successful local insurance co. His father started the business in the early 30's progressing from being a car dealer. He sold the new cars, then realized there was more money selling insurance on the cars he was selling!

They probably got the cars for nothing and repairing them with other wrecks.

A 2 year old car in 1926 that sold new for $975 and maybe worth $400.

Skilled labor $3 to $5 a day, used body parts had little scrap value so they were cheap.

I did a bunch of wrecks in the 60s - 70s before the salvage titles came along.

• Like 1