1974 Dodge Charger SE

I had to post this because it says "1970s" like no other.   Especially the cragars and the paint.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-dodge-charger-6/

This 1974 Dodge Charger SE is finished in red over white vinyl upholstery and powered by a 400ci V8 mated with a three-speed automatic transmission. Features include a white vinyl roof covering, front and rear spoilers, gold sport stripes, air conditioning, power front disc brakes, power-assisted steering, 14″ Cragar wheels, Flowmaster mufflers, and a push-button AM/FM radio. The car was acquired by the selling dealer in October 2021, and subsequent work consisted of replacing valve cover gaskets and hoses and rebuilding the carburetor. This Charger SE is now offered with a Galen Govier Trim Tag decode document and a clean Illinois title.

1974 Dodge Charger SE

1974 Dodge Charger SE

1974 Dodge Charger SE

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would’ve loved that in high school.  I like the earlier years of those, but that one certainly takes me back mentally to a time and place in my life.  That pristine white interior makes me a little skittish thinking back to the shenanigans and activities that were going on inside of our cars back in the day.

I keep meaning to pick up a pair of Cragar SS and Keystone classic rims just to hang on my wall for when I’m listening to a set of high school favorite tunes. 

• Like 2

Amazingly, I never owned a set of Cragars (camaro, chevelle, vette, tri five & monte crapo as a young punk), but believe they fit on almost anything 65 - 73 or so that doesn't require it's own zip code due to size.

I think you see less of these vs. Prior gen, not sure if prod numbers dropped a bit with this generation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

I picked up four at a swap meet and hung them on my Galaxie. I always wanted a set but didn’t have the money back in the day. Mine have “patina” but so does the car. 

F29225C2-EBA3-4363-8E1F-42C84D7F54BC.jpeg.47cf27919756fa7d5d5460b81165bf5e.jpeg

I love them, and I love your car!

15 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Amazingly, I never owned a set of Cragars (camaro, chevelle, vette, tri five & monte crapo as a young punk), but believe they fit on almost anything 65 - 73 or so that doesn't require it's own zip code due to size.

I think you see less of these vs. Prior gen, not sure if prod numbers dropped a bit with this generation.

I don’t think I could afford Crager SS back in the day.  Never liked Keystones as much but I would put a set of Cragers on a period car even now.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, 55chevy said:

Current project, I had a set of Mag wheel covers on my wall that look great.

1967Camaro3.jpg

1967Camaro35.jpg

I put those exact wheelcovers on my 71 Camaro, which was a base car w wheelcovers like your top pic.  Bear in mind this was HS, got a royal ball busting till I could scrape up enough for a set of rallys...   

Actually I think those look great. Nice project.  Wouldn't mind a 67 Camaro either, a short list car I may or may not ever get to...

I was under impression that Crager SS's were alloy centers with chrome steel rims. My Barracuda came with Crager's but they are all alloy. The first time I took it in to have tire work done I was warned to tell anyone that worked on those wheels to let them know that as they weren't common. 

Anyone know if that was true or not? 

That black Pontiac is rockin' those Sonic Maxima tires! Those were the "go to" tires for the guy that couldn't afford top line tires like BF Goodrich. Kind of like Falkens in the 1990's.