1967 Plymouth Fury VIP 383 Commando HP Hardtop Sedan Only 17K Miles - Reduced to $36k, was $55,000 (Westchester, New York)

I learned a new term today - “Elite Survivor.” 😀

Nice car despite the hyperbole. Must be counting on NY money. More pics in ad. And many more words. Very thorough description but I didn’t copy it all here. 

Updated link: https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/d/white-plains-1967-plymouth-fury-vip-383/7589873586.html

This is my 1967 PLYMOUTH FURY VIP 383 Commando HP Hardtop Sedan - Elite Survivor.

Elite Survivors are the most intrinsically valuable old cars of all. The real thing. In a class by themselves. The market is awakening to their value over megadollar counterfeit restorations. These aren’t going to get any cheaper because they cannot be duplicated at any cost.

383/325 HP H-Code engine (Big Block V8) 

*It is an absolute must that you see an additional 136 excellent photos and videos of the car with many captions and descriptions here: https://www.instagram.com/383vip/ You may not have access to that page if you don't have an Instagram account, or if you're not signed in. I suggest signing up with a little b.s. account in order to see the extra photos and videos. You can always cancel it later.

image.jpeg.c3db98d9fcfd5ff5984459688366b3f7.jpeg

image.jpeg.c7890b31035fd496748715560eb5e7df.jpeg

image.jpeg.502d8f96e24aaca3cfdb9ca87d032746.jpeg

image.jpeg.94306bee0babc01656aad2f34f460360.jpeg

Edited by Gearheadengineer
Update (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Gorgeous Fury.   One of the best Mopar (or any) platforms ever made.  Guy likes to hear himself talk.  I think that is the longest Craigslist ad I've ever seen.  Must have taken hours to compose.  Seller probably got it for $2k from the widow.  Price is beyond insane.  Might bring $15-20k on a good day to the right buyer. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I won't take anything away from the condition of the car and I love survivors but Three strikes against are it's Green,  I like green but in general harder to sell,  It's still a 4 door late 60's car, Nothing against them but again knocks the buyers down a bit and it's a big body car.  I would guess 25G might be sort of top of the market for it. 

He's definitely marketing toward the crowd that "doesn't know what they are looking at" 

"Elite Survivors are the most intrinsically valuable old cars of all."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see way too much not 'right' in the engine photo to justify 15 thousand on this car. Color of the car detracts, 4door detracts, lowest level brand on the corporate hierarchy detracts. Even an Imperial would be hard to justify 25 for a 4door.

Just the wiper blades should tell you to be checking the quality of every replacement part on the car. 

9 hours ago, ghostymosty said:

I see way too much not 'right' in the engine photo to justify 15 thousand on this car. Color of the car detracts, 4door detracts, lowest level brand on the corporate hierarchy detracts. Even an Imperial would be hard to justify 25 for a 4door.

Just the wiper blades should tell you to be checking the quality of every replacement part on the car. 

Good point.  Black incorrect modern dept. store wiper blades a red flag and absolutely unacceptable on a car the caliber that this one is purported to be.  

All that time wasted to take 150 pictures, make several videos & write a very boring longwinded ad but at the end of the day it's still a green 4-door Mopar C-body car with limited appeal to a small market. The ad price will be reduced many times and one day it might run across an auction block somewhere (Carlisle?) and get its 4-5 minutes of fame with a bid of maybe $15-18K if the right guy sees it. Great reading though for insomniacs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The 55er said:

All that time wasted to take 150 pictures, make several videos & write a very boring longwinded ad but at the end of the day it's still a green 4-door Mopar C-body car with limited appeal to a small market. The ad price will be reduced many times and one day it might run across an auction block somewhere (Carlisle?) and get its 4-5 minutes of fame with a bid of maybe $15-18K if the right guy sees it. Great reading though for insomniacs. 

What you said was spot-on!  Priceless!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The 55er said:

Price reduced, now only $42K. 

I believe the seller meant to subtract $42k from the original $55k equaling $13k, only then will they be in the remote parking lot of the ballpark of a sale…

• Like 4

16 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Here we go again with an attempt at “see if it will stick” greed.  

I thought greed stopped at 2 times the normal asking price. This is priced in the "has to be a misprint" category. There should be a Lamborghini in that picture.

• Gearheadengineer changed the title to 1967 Plymouth Fury VIP 383 Commando HP Hardtop Sedan Only 17K Miles - Reduced to $36k, was $55,000 (Westchester, New York)