1938 buick century 4 door convertible sedan $35,000, Utica, NY

This location looks familiar and Might be Comeskys? Cadillacs.  Not sure If I spelled that right. I went and looked at everything before Covid.  They were trying to liquidate everything all in one lot,  but that's a near impossible task and included alot of heavy iron.  I thought they would have auctioned it off by now to clear it out and sell the building.  Unfortunately I'm sure I saw this car if so,  but don't recall any particulars as there was so much to take in and assess. 

• Like 1

As far as I can recall most of the "restored" cars were pretty nice,  but I'm not sure if leather was used or vinyl,  stuff like that.  As I said I spent a few hours there and there were 40 something cars in restored to rough condition and as far as I can remember atleast 95 percent were prewar and literally probably 100 ton of parts.  It's a big old gas building that the collection is in and there is an upstairs as well.  

What are the other cars? 

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

This location looks familiar and Might be Comeskys? Cadillacs.  Not sure If I spelled that right. I went and looked at everything before Covid.  They were trying to liquidate everything all in one lot,  but that's a near impossible task and included alot of heavy iron.  I thought they would have auctioned it off by now to clear it out and sell the building.  Unfortunately I'm sure I saw this car if so,  but don't recall any particulars as there was so much to take in and assess. 

I was thinking the same thing.  https://www.google.com/local/place/fid/0x89d946d4dbafc513:0xc7137d85a3fcece0/photosphere?iu=https://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid%3DCHJwWn2VOrZ-4QXAXUnx_A%26cb_client%3Dlu.gallery.gps%26w%3D160%26h%3D106%26yaw%3D216.22937%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100&ik=CAISFkNISndXbjJWT3JaLTRRWEFYVW54X0E%3D  It looks like the same garage door and office placement.

Edited by rg171352 (see edit history)

Single pic but, remember when a one inch image in Hemmings was best you got?  For someone wanting a big boy Buick seems like it is worth a look.  Esp. starting at $35k.  Mainly I would hope the paint is a correct grey? And not a one off color.  Assuming it needs to be woken up, a lot of value in the cosmetics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

Lots of car for the money. A nice open Buick for the price of a lawn mower.

Yeah but Ed ,  that's a pretty nice Lawnmower that you might not enjoy,  but will get alot more use than the Buick. ;) 

I know I have put alot more hours on my Tractor than the 60 Fuel injected corvette it replaced,  and definitely alot more hours on the Excavator than the 49 Mercury Coupe it replaced. 

Of course hours it has put on my body outside of those machines because I have them doing projects most wouldn't , I have lost track of. 

• Like 1

Randy……..I spend more hours on my Big Green Machine the last five years than I have in my Pierce Arrows. And I must admit that operating the big Diesel tractor is almost as much fun………….I’m a farmer at heart.

I have a great three point hitch wood chipper………keep telling the old lady I’m gonna put here through it and toss it in the pond to conceal the evidence. She’s convinced I’m not kidding. 😏

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Operating the machine, and managing not to get Lime Disease isn’t easy…………..so far so good. Something about a PTO at 540 that gives me pleasure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edinmass said:

And I must admit that operating the big Diesel tractor is almost as much fun………….I’m a farmer at heart.

NOW I get it!

Being called a "tractor mechanic" is a compliment!

I spent a lot of my early year's time on my grandparent's hundred acre peach ranch outside Modesto California! I was driving the full size Fordson tractors solo when I was six, and pulling trailers out of the orchards at the end of the day during harvest.