For Sale: 1974 AMC Matador Coupe, 27K miles, $13,500 - Staten Island, NYC - Not Mine

For Sale: 1974 AMC Matador Coupe, 27K miles, $13,500 - Staten Island, NYC

AMC Matador IN EXCELLENT CONDITION LOW PRICE ! - cars & trucks - by... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Rare opportunity rare chance to buy this beautiful 1974 Matador at low price, this car turns heads everyway you go! The engine it runs smooth the transmission shifts smooth also for 6 cylinder is pretty fast Machine easy over100mp! As you see on picture is in excellent condition in and out, it was garaged kept second owner car it still has the original ignition keys that open the doors and window sticker manual and original wheels. My ask price supposed to be $23k paid 23k about year ago but my Friend Vito is forced to sell don't have time to wait he need to let go selling way way to cheap if you dont buy this car at this price you must be blind.
Contact: (347) six-3-1-9-4-9-clic 'show contact info' if interested
Copy and paste in your email: 55812cbd08303de2b68e2d9e8e330535@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1974 AMC Matador Coupe.

'74 AMC Matador NYC a.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC b.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC c.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC d.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC e.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC f.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC g.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC h.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC i.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC j.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC k.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC l.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC m.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC n.jpg

'74 AMC Matador NYC o.jpg

• Like 3

I love the Matador coupe. This is one of my favorites among uniquely styled or unusual old cars, but I agree that the ad text seems dubious. I understand that life with ESL isn't easy, and I'm tolerant in that regard, but trying to come across as confident and assertive when you're a poor ESL speaker instead makes a person seem slightly...untrustworthy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I love the Matador coupe. This is one of my favorites among uniquely styled or unusual old cars, but I agree that the ad text seems dubious. I understand that life with ESL isn't easy, and I'm tolerant in that regard, but trying to come across as confident and assertive when you're a poor ESL speaker instead makes a person seem slightly...untrustworthy.

"Ehhh, fugetaboutit!!!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I love the Matador coupe...but trying to come across as confident and assertive when you're a poor ESL speaker instead makes a person seem slightly untrustworthy.

I pretty much agree, James.  I think the styling is

good--different enough to be interesting, but still

graceful in its own way.  To me, it looks like the

styling of a compact car on a mid-sized platform.

I wouldn't particularly choose the orange color.

With the unusual color and unusual styling, the

car stands out a bit too much for my taste.  But it

epitomizes the era.  It would certainly stand out

among today's gray cars!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Matador coupes are, imho, more attractive than other contemporary mid size cars with the "picnic bench" 5 mph bumpers and phony "classic" grilles.

Seems the same haters dislike Avanti's and other "unusual" cars, and go gaga over tripe like Monte Carlo's.

This particular example is a base model in an odd color with a vinyl top. Not a good combo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sal Hepatica said:

Matador coupes are, imho, more attractive than other contemporary mid size cars with the "picnic bench" 5 mph bumpers and phony "classic" grilles.

Seems the same haters dislike Avanti's and other "unusual" cars, and go gaga over tripe like Monte Carlo's.

This particular example is a base model in an odd color with a vinyl top. Not a good combo.

I love Avantis, could care less about a Monte Carlo, still dont like the looks of a Matador.