1923 Pierce Arrow $65,000

Maybe a Pierce expert can better judge, but 

I think this car may be vastly overpriced:

---It's from an era where demand is very limited;

---It is a 4-door sedan, an unappreciated body style;

---And its condition is poor, requiring major expenditure.

Grimy (above) posted while I was typing, expressing the same idea.

1 minute ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Was she sincerely open to your suggestions?

Kindly educate her before she gets too attached

to the idea of $65,000 in spending money! 

So, I am sitting here in my home office and get a 563 area code call.  I answer it.  "This is Bryan, can I help you."  

What follows is a long barrage of F bombs, and how I am a piece of s, and what do I know about Pierce Arrows and who am I to provide any advice, shut your mouth.....   

It wasn't Barbara, it was her husband.  He is not on Facebook, so the post was put on hers.  Presumptive that I thought she was maybe selling her deceased husband's barn Pierce Arrow but I was nothing but kind in my message to her, even provided my phone number (obviously)  

After he ranted on calling me every swear word and calling me a true idiot, I explained my side of it and why I offered some advice.  I said the swearing and profanity were not necessary.  

He explained that the car is all original, not a basket case, and was taken to a Pierce Arrow club meet in Illinois some years ago where all of the Pierce Arrow club members glowed over it.   He kept reiterating that it was not a basket case like some of the Pierce's.  

I kind of thought was drinking.  Alcohol.  I got schooled on how Studebaker bought Pierce Arrow and on and on. Finally I explained why I left my Facebook message to Barbara.  He apologized when he heard the back story.  

This is why we don't reach out to misinformed sellers when we see out of line pricing.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

This is why we don't reach out to misinformed sellers when we see out of line pricing. 

Piercing someone's dream bubble is almost like trying to explain to someone that they   ". . . are worshiping a false god".   

It shifts their paradigm too far, too fast, and in my experience never helps them return to reality. 

I see it in the Edsel world all the time.

The extreme was a man who had a few Edsels, only one of any interest. A black 58 Citation 4 door with factory air.  He would never sell it while he was alive, so of course his wife now owns it after he dies. 4-5 years after he dies she still wont sell any of the cars (because they are worth too much and nobody will pay her what they are really worth) But since the city now wants them moved, she has decided that it was better to spend a couple of thousand dollars to put up a fence to hide them.  So rather than getting some money back she is spending more to keep them.  I dont know what ever finally happened to them, probably scrapped.  That's the typical ending. 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)

9 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

So, I am sitting here in my home office and get a 563 area code call.  I answer it.  "This is Bryan, can I help you."  

What follows is a long barrage of F bombs, and how I am a piece of s, and what do I know about Pierce Arrows and who am I to provide any advice, shut your mouth.....   

It wasn't Barbara, it was her husband.  He is not on Facebook, so the post was put on hers.  Presumptive that I thought she was maybe selling her deceased husband's barn Pierce Arrow but I was nothing but kind in my message to her, even provided my phone number (obviously)  

After he ranted on calling me every swear word and calling me a true idiot, I explained my side of it and why I offered some advice.  I said the swearing and profanity were not necessary.  

He explained that the car is all original, not a basket case, and was taken to a Pierce Arrow club meet in Illinois some years ago where all of the Pierce Arrow club members glowed over it.   He kept reiterating that it was not a basket case like some of the Pierce's.  

I kind of thought was drinking.  Alcohol.  I got schooled on how Studebaker bought Pierce Arrow and on and on. Finally I explained why I left my Facebook message to Barbara.  He apologized when he heard the back story.  

Well good on you for trying...as they say "No good deed goes unpunished" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1