HERSHEY WAS GREAT!

1937hd45

Bob, I’m with you.

Having missed 20 due to COVID and 21 due to personal

health issues it was fantastic just to be back. Rain be damned.

Saw many friends and renewed some friendships. Found a few parts. (Not quite like it used to be)

I (like many) worry about the sustainability of Hershey.

Rumors  are widespread about

this event. Enough to warrant announcements over the PA at the event. Perhaps an article or some information in the magazine might help . It could also inform members of the incredible efforts that the region provides to host .

I heard on the local news this morning, that the economic impact from this event is 50 m plus. That’s fantastic, but it can’t become the focus. 
Herco is an incredibly large organization and may always prevail but I think with certain negotiation skills and diplomacy they could come to recognize the importance of this event to the local economy.

We have a large club with many skilled professionals.I’m sure ,some would help if requested. 
Thanks to the club and region for another great event.

Respectfully 

Dennis

Was another great Hershey!  I have been coming since 1981, vending since the late 90's and always have a great time.  Yes there are things I would like to see changed, but am thankful for what the Hershey Region and AACA does for this meet.  Nothing like it in the world!!!  Sales were good despite the rain, so thanks to the people that come to buy!  

My space on Monday and then on Friday morning.  I have my Automated Attendant running the space as I go looking for parts.   

Can't wait till next year.  

1664973180910.jpg

PXL_20221006_134014375.jpg

I was there! Missed you while you were out shopping. Sue and I also braved the elements and did well. Agree it was a great time. Car Show was fabulous and there were quite a few vendors still there on Friday.

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

It was another great Hershey!

I bought more than I sold, but sold half the stuff I bought while still there. Troegs beer, steaks from Giant, and Hershey chocolate were the biggest expenses of the trip… well, until we send the brass I found off to Britten (It will be worth it).  Reconnecting with old friends and making some new ones was the real highlight. It made me happy to see that some of the guys from Florida that lost cars or homes a few days before still came and had a good time. 

My Hershey thought to ponder… but will be shot down my herco (as well as most sane people)….. Hershey should be five days of good weather… we have a start date and stay until we get our five good days… if it takes all month so be it!

• Like 1

If you try to trace the origins of the numerous rumors re Hershey moving or shutting down you will find that the evidence usually points to a disgruntled group of folks who basically attempted to take over the organization a few years ago but failed. Just my observation based on what I have noticed.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

If you try to trace the origins of the numerous rumors re Hershey moving or shutting down you will find that the evidence usually points to a disgruntled group of folks who basically attempted to take over the organization a few years ago but failed. Just my observation based on what I have noticed.

I had not heard any rumors until I stopped at a steakhouse about 8 miles out of Hershey. Being alone, I sat at the bar for dinner. Struck up a conversation with a local, retired, dentist. He asked if I was here for the show and I said yes. He then said, I hear that the show my be leaving after this year. Heading to Ohio of NC. Told me that Herco wanted the grounds for other purposes. Crazy how rumors spread. 

These rumors could be put to bed with some open communication. It would also give the region and national the opportunity to inform the membership of the challenges of hosting an event this size.

Information (facts) are only useful if shared.

Dennis

• Like 1

If you attended you had to have a good time , EVEN JUST TO BE THERE. Let's give AACA, Steve Moskowitz, and the Hershey Region a chance to recover a bit from the enormous undertaking that organizing and putting on Hersey has had to be for decades. They will address all the rumor , hear say , myths etc. that is what they do. Give them credit and a chance . AACA has good management .

If you want to thank all who worked so hard to put on Hershey and put on all AACA events SEND IN YOUR DUES ASAP AND ALSO VOTE FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS , THAT IS DOING YOUR PART. Yes, the economic benefit that the Hershey area motels, restaurants, gas stations, shops etc all get has a lot to do with it, HERCO perhaps may see that word of mouth reactions to their decisions and willingness to cooperate can be heard by how many thousands of car collectors world wide - not just in the USA. That can be great or not so great Public Relations............

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2