1938 Hupmobile $5,000 Not Mine

29 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

The headliner picture looks like it had a vinyl top,I thought 38 cars had turret tops.

The Hayes Body Corporation built the bodies for the 1938-'39 Hupmobile Six Series E-822 and E-922 and Eight Series H-825 and H-925.  Hayes apparently wasn't equipped to produce the large, one-piece roof stampings as were other major body makers by the 1938 models.  The E-Series six is 245 ci., of Hupmobile manufacture, same as the Packard Six.  Production for 1938 E & H Series was 1,890; for 1939: 1,231.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

Sorry for the repost

I'm really surprised I haven't done it yet and I'm sure it will happen again as it's hard to keep track what has been posted in the past. 

Heck at my age if it's over a week old it's new again so go ahead and post. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

Sorry for the repost.  I don’t post Not Mine cars much anymore.  

B. Jake Moran,

No need to be sorry, the more eyes looking for interesting and worthwhile cars and posting them the better.  I just search the year and make in the window up to the right on the main 'For Sale - Not Mine" site to see if the car was posted beforehand.  We have so many good, interesting cars being posted, it's not possible to remember them all, especially after a few weeks or months.  Keep on searching them out and showing them to us!

Steve

• Like 2

The price may be a bit optimistic considering a few apparent condition issues. But it is certainly not crazy high for something so unusual and mostly decent condition. It may still have wood structure (I am no expert on these modern cars!), that should be checked. 

Don't worry about reposting special, unusual, or early cars. We don't see them often enough and anything special deserves a second or third look.

At least that is my opinion. 

Thank you to all of you that have and take the time to find and share these ads!

• Like 1

I briefly owned a '38 Hupp 8 sedan some 15 years ago.  It had the metal roof stamped center insert gasketed around the edge.  Don't have a clean pic to show that (sorry).   The insert was like several US brands used about 1935 (if you are familiar with Hudson or Terraplane, perfect example there).  But Hupp apparently never had the funds to pay for the die to be made for Hayes?  They knew production was terminal.   My car's engine was frozen and the redone interior looked like a circus.  Spectacular car in its details.  And overdrive was available and in mine.  Sold to a Classic Car enthusiast near Marble Falls, TX.  My pic "unjustly" compliments the car.  It needed a MAJOR.

P1010003.JPG.bfdc6f502c6434e16ede45803dd0d9fb.JPG

• Like 3