1957 Chev Bellaire 2 door Hardtop $13,500 + Shopping List of Parts

• For sale 1957 Chev 2Dr HT project car. 
  • Note the car & chassis only is $13,500. 
  • Choose parts from the lists below & add for your project. 
  • Asking $21,000 for the car and everything listed or make your own bundle.
  • It is disassembled, 95% complete, rust free, small parts are bagged & tagged.
  • The car is media blasted and painted with DP40.
  • Owner has had it for 30 years in dry storage. 
  • located in Gresham Oregon serious buyers are welcome to come see it

PM me and I will forward contact info.

57 List 1.jpg

57 List 2.jpg

57Chev 1.jpg

57 Chev 2.jpg

57 Chev 3.jpg

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

• Mark Shaw changed the title to 1957 Chev Bellaire 2 door Hardtop Asking $21,000.

Ever put a car together? I must say I haven't.  But from my experiences with old cars it would be a lot of work.  Not so sure 21 grand would grab any buyers attention. Even if the car is complete it's going to take someone with a dedicated garage, time, patience and money, GLWTS

6 hours ago, deac said:

Ever put a car together? I must say I haven't.  But from my experiences with old cars it would be a lot of work.  Not so sure 21 grand would grab any buyers attention. Even if the car is complete it's going to take someone with a dedicated garage, time, patience and money, GLWTS

Yes a few times. It helps greatly if you know the car well that is being worked on! AND its still a lot of work!!

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

It helps greatly if you know the car well that is being worked on! 

That’s about the only way it can be done, because these “kits” never come with the instructions.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Mark Shaw changed the title to 1957 Chev Bellaire 2 door Hardtop $13,500.

Buying into projects can be a great way of going. If you know what you are looking at, and the direction of the build you want. A nice two door hardtop will set you back 10-12K. Just for the car. Add up new parts, labor for the tear down and money invested for work done. Asking price is realistic. Just tough selling project cars in this state of restoration/build. Popular car.

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if the price is reasonable or not but this is a common 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, not something unusual like a 1957 Lincoln or 1957 DeSoto. There are many shops and even individuals that specialize in Tri-five Chevys, these experts can tell if they're complete or not and know exactly how to put them back together. It's not a jigsaw puzzle to them, just another reassembly project. They know the application of every little nut, bolt, screw, bracket and moulding clip. If a certain part's missing maybe there's a spare in their parts warehouse. At worst they have to get on the phone and buy one from the many Chevy parts suppliers on he internet. The ad states that this car is rust-free and has been in 30 year dry storage, that's a big incentive to a lot of people. Plus when it's in this condition the new owner can choose the color & interior and go whatever direction he wants. Again, I don't know about the price but this is one of the most popular cars to restore (or over-restore) on the planet. People are looking for these all the time, if the right guy sees it and can make a deal, it's going to be gone. 

• Like 3

Looks like the price is coming back to earth. I agree with 55er's assessment. I have a good friend that bought a shell of a 57 that he built into a resto mod. Not much there to begin with but like was said parts are readily available. And he didnt feel bad about cutting up a decent car. He looked around for about a year before he found the right candidate. So yes, there are most likely guys out there looking for someting like this.

• Thanks 1

Price decent 57 2 door hardtops (we did recently) and they are asking around $40k for a v8, original engine car.  Figure mid 30s to buy, right?  Show condition adds another $20k+.   Much less gets you a marginal car, a 6 cylinder car, or a rusty car.  

That said a similar car here in CT, supposedly rust free, but apart, has been available for 2 or 3 years at $20k, I think $13k will get the above car sold, will be interesting to watch.

Not unlike an A or a Mustang, parts are not generally an issue.  If you have done one and know what to look for, a good shell might be just the ticket.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

• Mark Shaw changed the title to 1957 Chev Bellaire 2 door Hardtop $13,500 + Shopping List of Parts