For Sale: 1964 Mercury Parklane - "Rare factory 4-speed with 390 Super Marauder engine" - "Low mileage survivor" - Runs and drives beautifully" - Sharon, MA - Not Mine - 7/18 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1964 Mercury Parklane 4-door Sedan Breezeway in Sharon, MA  -  $22,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1195965061243978/1964-Mercury-Parklane-Breezeway 

Seller's Description:

1964 Mercury Parklane 4-door Sedan Breezeway

• Excellent condition
  • Driven 32,000 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Blue
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

Low milage survivor in amazing condition. 32,000 original miles and it shows. 1964 Mercury Parklane.

• Extremely rare factory 4-speed with a 390 Super Marauder engine
  • Runs and drives beautifully
  • Breezeway window in back opens

Original color (Pacific Blue). Interior is like the day it rolled off the assembly line. Garaged most of its life. Radio delete, white wall radials, electronic ignition, new brakes. (This is a Parklane, but "Marauder" was closest option in the FB system)

image.png.69b68b935c6083d8bfb7db7770d646fd.png

image.png.f31fe4636c82d773a52a53558aaf79e4.png

image.png.82d458671945c758aeed6a86be93562a.png

image.png.db56d04937498527c61edcea7350f3cf.png

image.png.7d79ab95e9a7a9ec4c5cd1a730d9e21a.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Interesting car.  Apparently, from what the seller describes, the original buyer opted for a floor shifted 390ci engine in a luxury grocery getter.  Moreover it's a 4 door! The last picture shows great paint and chrome condition.  Even though it looks like a great time I am not so sure someone's going to pay 22G's for it; maybe 15 to 17 but not 22.

Wow!  What a cool car...  Big moredoor with a factory four speed and 390?  That has to be a unicorn, no?

• Like 2

The beauty of the optional equipment list available then was an individual could spec-out a new car with odd combination such as a topline Mercury Park Lane Breezeway sedan with a 4-speed transmission and radio delete!  Apparently, the driver didn't want to be distracted from the sound of the engine by a radio playing.

Mercurys or any car with the wheel lip flares stamped into the surrounding metal should NEVER be fitted with fender skirts!  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Mercurys or any car with the wheel lip flares stamped into the surrounding metal should NEVER be fitted with fender skirts!  

They were probably added to reduce the rubber and tar accumulation below the quarter panel side moldings.  ;)

Reminds me of an all original '64 Catalina 4-door sedan I saw a few years ago with a 389 Tri-Power.

• Like 1

I like these cars and the back windows. My friends brother drove one of these in HS back in the 70's. This one has a great combo, big motor and 4 speed! Interior looks incredible, says original colour paint, have to wonder if it has been repainted? If so, that is a detraction for me. Otherwise great vehicle. Not sure I would spend more than about 15k on it.

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Apparently, the driver didn't want to be distracted from the sound of the engine by a radio playing.

Or suffer the consequences of having power steering or brakes! 
(the current dual master and booster have been added)

Nice car. It has the  Correct shifter for a bench seat.  It also has a type of knob typically associated with 1962 cars. Likely because that's from when they made the supply of bench seat shifters.  

The steering wheel is strange.  1964 Parklanes used a multi-plastic two tone wheel with horn buttons.  This is a solid rubber type with a horn ring …..

it does have the 25th anniversary logo but it looks more like a 1963 (or base Monterey?) steering wheel.  

35 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Am I missing it or is there no power steering?

No, power steering was optional ($106) as was the 330 hp 390 cid V8.   No power-robbing power steering wanted by the original purchaser!

• Like 4

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Mercury Parklane - "Rare factory 4-speed with 390 Super Marauder engine" - "Low mileage survivor" - Runs and drives beautifully" - Sharon, MA - Not Mine - 7/18 SOLD!
17 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

No power-robbing power steering wanted by the original purchaser!

Just like the shoemaker from Queens who ordered my '64 GP.  No power steering, no power brakes, HD 3-speed on the column.  BUT - AM radio, rear speaker, power antenna and rear window defogger.  As they used to say, "Have it your way!"

• Like 1