1940 Buick special cpe. - $20,500 Nice!

Looks nice (except for those silly hub caps!)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/milton-freewater-1940-buick-special-cpe/7508855238.html

Restored 1940Buick special series 50, new vintage upholstery, new www tires, all gauges gone through, new brakes, new clutch, shocks rebuilt, electronic distributor, transmission rebuilt, dash restored with gauges. 2 heaters, PB radio, new stainless exhaust. Includes owners and mechanics manuals. Pictures and invoices of rebuild. Approximately 75,000 miles on odometer. Car just taken from winter storage. For serious buyers do have more pictures I can E to you.  (509) 520-7303

00R0R_habRCEanMahz_0ak07L_600x450.jpg100N0N_3l7emeRJstLz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00k0k_ex5hfsVgt29z_0ak07L_600x450.jpg00S0S_ijaaiM2YLaCz_0ak07L_600x450.jpg00W0W_dEizjHEV81hz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

On 7/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, Jim Skelly said:

What are those wheelcovers off of?

Get the wheel covers off and put the Buick caps back on...

That's a nice Buick for a reasonable price!

Edited by deac (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Doug Seybold put it together 10 years ago. So it's been rewired, reupholstered with Bedford Cord fabric and it's a 1940 Buick 50 series engine. So I think it is a good one. I must say I am partial to these late 30's early 40 coupes. Thanks for the congrats!

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, deac said:

Just bought this car!

28 minutes ago, deac said:

Doug Seybold put it together 10 years ago. So it's been rewired, reupholstered with Bedford Cord fabric and it a 1940 Buick 50 series engine. So think it is a good one. I must say I am partial to these late 30's early 40 coupes. Thanks for the congrats!

Congratulations. Looks like a good car for the money.

Special Series 40 & Super series 50 have the same engine

That sound deadening will help when driving

Hope you find better hub caps soon.

https://forums.aaca.org/forum/60-buick-pre-war/

If not already a member--> https://www.buickclub.org/

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

3 hours ago, deac said:

Doug Seybold put it together 10 years ago. So it's been rewired, reupholstered with Bedford Cord fabric and it a 1940 Buick 50 series engine. So think it is a good one. I must say I am partial to these late 30's early 40 coupes. Thanks for the congrats!

You have good taste in cars. Best of luck with your new Super. 

15 hours ago, kingrudy said:

You have good taste in cars. Best of luck with your new Super. 

I didn't realize you have the same car that in came in the GM maroon color as my Pontiac. Torpedo. Pontiac called it Parma Wine Buick called it Royal Maroon poly,

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:28 PM, deac said:

I didn't realize you have the same car that in came in the GM maroon color as my Pontiac. Torpedo. Pontiac called it Parma Wine Buick called it Royal Maroon poly,

Originally my 56S was Aztec Brown, but was repainted before I got it. No offense to anyone but the Aztec Brown was a terrible color. I got a color sheet from 1940 and chose Royal Maroon when the car was restored. I get a lot of compliments on the color as I'm sure you do on the Pontiac. Both of your cars are beautiful. 

1 hour ago, kingrudy said:

Originally my 56S was Aztec Brown, but was repainted before I got it. No offense to anyone but the Aztec Brown was a terrible color. I got a color sheet from 1940 and chose Royal Maroon when the car was restored. I get a lot of compliments on the color as I'm sure you do on the Pontiac. Both of your cars are beautiful. 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

A simple follow up to my purchased 40 Super coupe.  The transporter arrives and I go to start it to get it off the transporter and the battery is dead-dead! We make new battery cables and charge up the battery. Afterwards it's taken to the storage facility!!! I never drove it until today. I must have struck old car gold. It drives like a dream right out of the box. No rust, rot and the chrome is good. I am thrilled!

PXL_20221008_203331896.jpg

PXL_20221008_202637734.jpg

• Like 9

All of the expensive stuff has been sorted out on your car, such as interior(mine was $6000), paint, wiring and trans. Bob's Automobilia will have the correct trim rings and hub caps for your car. I couldn't tell if the wheels are stock 16" or not. I have been told that some people opted to change out the 16s for 14s. Very sharp looking car, you will get noticed on the road. Doug rebuilt my steering column, he does good work. 

5 hours ago, kingrudy said:

All of the expensive stuff has been sorted out on your car, such as interior(mine was $6000), paint, wiring and trans. Bob's Automobilia will have the correct trim rings and hub caps for your car. I couldn't tell if the wheels are stock 16" or not. I have been told that some people opted to change out the 16s for 14s. Very sharp looking car, you will get noticed on the road. Doug rebuilt my steering column, he does good work. 

The owner at that time took delivery of the Buick from Seybold and completed most of the finishing work on it. He "ran out of money" and sold it to the guy I bought it from. That owner left the car with a mechanic and he rebuilt the carburetor, transmission, re-positioned the oil filter and a bunch of other things. I have spoke with that mechanic 2 times and came away with a really good feeling and that he knows his stuff.

I do intend to replace those hub caps even though I have grown to like them. It is also missing door sills on each side. The front bumper needs to be re-chromed! it's no show car but it's an above average driver; just what I like old cars. I drive my cars so I really don't want museum pieces or show winners!

You should see my other Pontiac in a 2 page blog listed in the Pontiac Oakland section; 57 Pontiac

20 hours ago, deac said:

The owner at that time took delivery of the Buick from Seybold and completed most of the finishing work on it. He "ran out of money" and sold it to the guy I bought it from. That owner left the car with a mechanic and he rebuilt the carburetor, transmission, re-positioned the oil filter and a bunch of other things. I have spoke with that mechanic 2 times and came away with a really good feeling and that he knows his stuff.

I do intend to replace those hub caps even though I have grown to like them. It is also missing door sills on each side. The front bumper needs to be re-chromed! it's no show car but it's an above average driver; just what I like old cars. I drive my cars so I really don't want museum pieces or show winners!

You should see my other Pontiac in a 2 page blog listed in the Pontiac Oakland section; 57 Pontiac

Deac, I am not a shill for Bob's Automobilia, but..... I purchased the sill plates from him and they fit and look beautiful (not cheap). My car still needs some tweaking, but it's coming along. If you come across any parts cars Super or Roadmaster, please drop me a line. I will check out your Pontiac. Stay in touch.

Mike

• Like 1

DEAC, I forgot one thing. I did not mean to criticize the stylish hub caps that are on your car. Like I always say, I took my car down to the frame and all the decisions that either make my car appealing, or an eyesore were mine. So if anyone does not like anything about it, I'm ok with that because at the end of the day it is My car. 

• Like 1