1967 Pontiac Tempest

Listed on Facebook marketplace

from the seller:

Complete Restoration. 2 door hardtop. Iconic Sprint motor recently rebuilt, OHC-6. 4V Rochester Carbs. V-8 performance with 6 cylinder economics. New Paint with superior body lines. Coronado Gold-with vinyl black top. Complete interior with original gauges. Added front power brakes. Aluminum radiator. CA black and Gold plates. Clean title

This car is not mine and I have nothing to do with the sale

67 Tempest 01.jpg

67 Tempest 02.jpg

67 Tempest 03.jpg

67 Tempest 04.jpg

67 Tempest 05.jpg

67 Tempest 06.jpg

67 Tempest 07.jpg

67 Tempest 08.jpg

67 Tempest 09.jpg

67 Tempest 10.jpg

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I am not much of a GM guy but love the unusual.

This one is cool.

I had a friend that had a Firebird with this running gear back in the day.

I am under the impression that the survival rate on these wasn't very good.

I love this thing. The Sprint 6 motor is cool! I would be a buyer but have no space....

I would love to have this car.  Sux with a manual trans. Doesn’t come any better.  Several years ago I saw a Pontiac Firebird with a dix and a three speed at a show.  Big crowd draw.  I congratulated the owner on keeping yhe original engine combo and having a unique car.

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I would love to have this car.  Sux with a manual trans. Doesn’t come any better.  Several years ago I saw a Pontiac Firebird with a dix and a three speed at a show.  Big crowd draw.  I congratulated the owner on keeping yhe original engine combo and having a unique car.

Please clarify:   sux ???    dix ???

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Twisted Shifter said:

Please clarify:   sux ???    dix ???

Obviously a typo,

he assuredly meant to call it a SIX CYLINDER, with a manual transmission

I always thought these were cool. In high school I first laid eyes one. I thought it was a good alternative to my Chevelle with a V8 that always was on E. If I remember they were 326ci with aluminum head or block?

I like this car...a lot. I would love to have another '67 Lemans or Tempest, in general, and the OHC six would be a real treat.

I think the Sprints were probably rare, but I used to see the "OHC" emblem on the fenders of a lot of mid to late 60's mid-sized Pontiacs when I was a little kid. More than a few, anyway. I was aware of what those cars were back then, but as a 10 year old in '68, "OHC" meant that it wasn't a V8, so I wasn't very impressed. 😄 Now I think it's cool.

• Like 1

I believe this car is sold. The Facebook ad is deleted. Moreover I called the seller last week and I had to leave a voice and my call was never returned.