1912 Huppmobile an original "Brassy" $7,000 M1912 Huppmobile an original "Brassy----------NOT MINE

7 hours ago, trimacar said:

The Hupmobile Model 20, 1909-1911, were beautiful little cars.  The next generation, as seen above, were very unfortunate looking, in my opinion.  I have heard they're great driving cars, though...

We traded our way into a 13 model 32 and kept it just long enough to get it sorted enough to drive around a little.  They are wonderful little cars: quick, enough speed for touring with similar vintage cars, but you will not be one of the fast guys on the tour, a wonderful ride for the era, a pretty forgiving gearbox…. They would be on my list for a car to keep around and enjoy as a cheap “brass” car to bum around in… you know, if dodges that fit that role didn’t exist. 

One messed up Hupp. But if the engine and body are in decent shape? The price is right. I wish I could run and look at it cash in hand (right now getting away for a day is worse than the cash?). The wheels are model A Ford (not T). Gold paint doesn't help the brass, and that top has GOT to GO! Hopefully some of the sockets and parts are under that tent?

I would also wonder if the front and rear axles were right or messed up badly from adapting those wheels?

Yet, somehow, I am drawn to this car. I have always liked early Hupmobiles.

The closer you look the worse it gets. You would definitely need to crawl all over and under it and have a really good look. Cheap for brass era though. The trouble is you might need a second one in order to build a car. I don't think there is a lot of Hupmobile there.

38 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Looks to me like a 1934 Hupmobile Aerodynamic….

Thanks but I don't think so. I found a couple photos of rears of '34 Aero's on Google & the bottoms of the rear windows are slanted down from the center post to the outside. The ones on this white car look straight across.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:36 PM, George Smolinski said:

Thanks but I don't think so. I found a couple photos of rears of '34 Aero's on Google & the bottoms of the rear windows are slanted down from the center post to the outside. The ones on this white car look straight across.

I’d agree, it just looks Hupp…