For Sale: 1941 BUICK CENTURY 4dr Sedan - $12,000 - Potsdam, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 BUICK CENTURY 4dr Sedan - $12,000 - Potsdam, NY

1941 BUICK CENTURY - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

VERY NICE 1941 Buick Century. Original interior. Powered by the famous Fireball Eight. odometer: 65000

Copy and paste in your email: d0956580d5f53f009e1ae6c8971601c4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 BUICK CENTURY 4dr Sedan.

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY a.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY b.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY c.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY d.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY e.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY f.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY g.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY h.jpg

'41 BUICK CENTURY NY i.jpg

• Like 3

Pending some more information (is it running?), this looks like it has a lot of potential for the price.  The body looks excellent -- fit and finish of doors, trim, etc.  No photo of engine compartment is a bit concerning.  Also, do I see an added horn button on the side of the steering column?  A common fix if that wire down the inside of the column breaks.  But I could live with these kinds of problems if the motor is running strong.  If it's running well, this would be a fun car to drive as is and slowly improve over time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I actually have nice wheel for that on the shelf.  Just waiting for the right car to come along.  Hopefully a 2 door if not a convertible. 

I buy them when I can get them right.  Then i have them just in case.  Also have a nice one for a Pontiac from the 40's. 

That's how it starts! You buy a nice part and them it leads to something far more expensive! I moved back about 1980 and had to get rid on lots of parts of cars I never owned! 

5 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

That's how it starts! You buy a nice part and them it leads to something far more expensive! I moved back about 1980 and had to get rid on lots of parts of cars I never owned! 

I've learned to only buy good parts that are easy to move.  Nice original bone colored steering wheels are very easy to sell.  Especially if you buy them mislisted and don't get too invested in them.  A color sand and buff,  really makes them shine. 

WOW, nice car at a good price. Not a fan of 4 door cars but the fastback Buicks and Pontiacs are an exception in my book.  But as mentioned earlier, my interest wanes if the engine doesn't run and/or it needs serious work. Also this car is a Century making more desirable.

I bought one some years ago for a parts car for my 41 Century sedanete. It was under 5k and ran great and looked pretty good. It had great paint and straight tin I needed. Like my 2 door it was an impressive ride and came with a truck load of great parts. After swapping out what I needed I sold it to a Polish collector my 2nd Buick going overseas, the other being a 49 Roadmaster sedanete. The 41 Century is a very seductive automobile and always a treat to drive. Very hard to find another 41 that compares to a Century for power suspension brakes and comfort. Only Cadillac and later Chrysler like the 48 New Yorkers and Hudson Commodore eights are close.  I think this one might have floor rust issues as I spy some water damage? . Repaint? chrome looks great but strange how one fender guard looks terrible compared to the otherside. Great potential