72 Centurion Convertible

NC-car-guy

I have taken Greyhound to pick up many cars.  Nothing like driving one home.  Traveling on interstates it should pull 15-16.  You will be glad it has air (which isn't uncommon on those).  I often run with the A/C on and the top down and on a hot summer day and it rains and you put the top up convertibles can get steamy inside without a/c.  Congrats!!! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Smartin said:

Not really…just didn’t think he would ever sell it.  And didn’t know it was for sale LOL

Oh good.  I thought there was going to be some terrible story about him or the car.  Wasn't for sale.  I asked and we agreed on a price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lancemb said:

Wow!  Great purchase.  You still keeping the 57?

Yes. The fifties are still my favorite decade for car design, but I cannot afford a 50s convertible in this condition and I really wanted a rag top.

• Like 1

Just getting here, sorry. CONGRATULATIONS!!!. A friend had a red Centurian convertible back in the mid 70's, a real chick magnet for us at the time, he he.  You'll enjoy this car, happy for you!!! Take a Greyhound down and be sure to stop by the Gardens on your way home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sheesh.  So I sent the guy a cashier's check for the deposit. I went to PNC Bank instead of my Local Credit Union to ensure it would be a recognizable name. He told me not to arrange shipping until the check had cleared his bank I kind of chuckled and said okay well it's a certified cashier's check fine. Here we are two weeks later and he tells me that funds have finally cleared I don't know why that took so long but I could have cleared a personal check faster. So then the seller asks me when am I sending transport for the car. And I told him I hadn't arranged that yet to which she replied he is going out of state for a while starting November 3rd and the car needs to be gone prior to that. I told him this was kind of short notice but I will get on the phone today and start calling around. He said that I had had the last 2 weeks to set up shipping. He told me specifically do not set up shipping until he was sure he had his money he had not communicated to me until now that he had plans to go on out-of-state hiatus.  All in all...im pretty ticked. 

Oh I know its drivable.  I paid a tidy sum for a certified inspection/test drive by a third party. I work a ton 50-60hr weeks and I don't have any way to get time off between now and his Nov 3rd date. Trying to make it Cannonball run down there over a weekend it's just too much

• Like 1