1937 Studebaker Dictator Business Coupe

This is pretty cool.   Would love a President some day.  They seem to be made of unobtaninium.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1937-studebaker-3-window-dictator-coupe/

his 1937 Studebaker Dictator is a three-window business coupe that underwent a body-off refurbishment under previous ownership and was acquired by the seller in 2016. It is finished in white over tan upholstery and is powered by a replacement 170ci inline-six paired with a three-speed manual transmission with overdrive. Equipment includes hydraulic brakes, air conditioning, and a Pioneer CD stereo. Recent work is said to have included rebuilding the clutch and replacing the fuel tank, brake lines, and the brake master cylinder. This Dictator coupe is now offered with a Maryland title in the seller’s name.

1937_studebaker_3_window_dictator_coupe_

1937_studebaker_3_window_dictator_coupe_

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I hate white on prewar cars.

I'm not saying that's the case with this car but it's much easier to hide imperfections with white. Let your hands do the talking not your eyes when it comes to white colored cars. At least put the car up on a hoist and look down the body panels. 

In my eyes those are a stylish car. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)

Just the perspective in the photo.  The same reason that the front tire is much "bigger" than the rear.

PS [edit]: Does anyone know where the photo of the President is taken?  Some kind of museum where folks are standing in front of a painting of the Golden Gate Bridge?  Just curious.

Edited by neil morse (see edit history)

I like it. Great styling. I don’t mind the white although not my first choice. Would prefer a bolder color inside. I know it’s not original but from my quick viewing the work looks well done. At least it’s a Stude engine even if it’s a later version. I think it’s more than one step from a 350/350. Or at least a very large step. 

Seems like a car you can hop in and enjoy regularly, with AC and tunes too. So far the high bid is reasonable for what you get. 

7 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Brooklyn, how's your '39 Chrysler?

I finished doing some window weather stripping a few weeks ago and have been staring at the NOS starter. The old one needs a rebuild of the solenoid and every once in a while I have to push it forward with a screwdriver. sticky. Somehow when I did the points a few weeks ago I got them off so running not so good right now. Ran great for the first 10 miles and then began getting a miss and hiccup. Found a crack in the fuel pump so took apart a couple I had around to make one. Once weather cools next week I will get more motivation. 100 degree with humidity garbage has to go.  My 63 dodge is on the lift right now and for some reason it basically bleed out what looks like every drop of trans fluid on the floor over last weekend when I was driving the Buick for the wedding party. Just saw that Thursday. So need to change a battery cable on the 63 and find out what line cracked. Then I can get the 39 back up the hill into the work garage.  Been accumulating parts.  new dash glass inserts, linkage rebuild kit (The slop is terrible), electric kick down for the OD, wiring harnesses.  Still need the solenoid at the carb for the kick down and have been told later studes/ hudson units are the same.  Now that I have the 31 Plymouth running tops, this fall is when I get started in earnest.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...