Dreaming about cars

Billy Kingsley

Anyone else dream about cars they don't have any personal connection to? 

Last week I dreamt my family bought a  seafoam green 1956 Mercury sedan and just last night I dreamt that someone gave me a ride in a blue and Silver Duesenberg. 

I don't think I've ever seen a 4 door 56 Mercury in person, and while I have seen Duesenbergs (at the ACD museum) I certainly don't know anyone who owns one or would give me a ride in it. 

I find this kind of strange. I've loved cars my whole life but these are oddly specific to cars I have no actual connection to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used to have a recurrent dream about driving a dark green Duesenberg Phaeton down a country road with the sun dappling across the hood and a warm breeze blowing in my hair. One afternoon over Memorial Day weekend I was driving the '34 Packard Phaeton (dark green, V-12 in case anyone is wondering) back to the museum following the parade. It hit me, I was in the dream but in real life! Oddly,  I've never had the dream again. 

I used to have a recurring dream about being in my car in a specific city neighborhood late at night in a dangerous situation. It was a large open area with hazy yellow sodium lighting. I always woke up feeling very threatened.

On a business trip to Baltimore I drove out one of he main thoroughfares from the harbor looking for a restaurant. I didn't find one where I felt comfortable parking the car so I doubled back taking two left hand turns to a parallel street. About half way back I found myself in the exact dream setting. Quite disconcerted, I returned to a tourist place on the harbor.

In the morning I found that the hotel was running a contest for "my most memorable moment in Baltimore". I didn't contribute my experience. I knew it wouldn't win me a free stay from the city tourist bureau.

I rarely remember dreams for more than the few minutes I am awake after the dream woke me.

In the mornings I often remembering that I had a weird dream but don't recall what it was.

Pretty sure they were mostly memories of some sort.

I am sure that we have all woken up in the night thinking that they just figured out how to save the world only to forget how they did it when morning comes.

• Thanks 1

In my car dreams its usually the car I am working on.  But I had a dream where I was walking through a junkyard with my Dad and his father (both deceased).  As we walked through the yard Grampa would point to different cars and tell me who had owned it.  I ended up picking three cars and arranged to have them shipped to my house and started working on a 34 Plymouth.  I've never been interested in a 34 Plymouth.

My recurring theme dream is discovering I have a garage of cool old cars...that I'd forgotten about! 😄 (Like that's ever going to happen.) Any old car that runs and functions is worth dreaming about, but I wouldn't be surprised if an original Avanti or a '63 to '65 Riviera shows up in one of my future dreams...I sometimes daydream about owning one.

1 hour ago, avgwarhawk said:

My recurring dream is my cars getting stolen.  😐  Or is it a nightmare? 

I had a dream about my 1965 Panhead Harley custom being stolen once.  In the dream someone stated the fact that my scooter was stolen.  I answered them:  "No it isn't

because this is a dream and I know it!"  What a weird feeling when I woke up.  Being in a dream and being conscious of the fact at the time.🤪

Capt. Harley😉 

Skirts are for women and not car fenders!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Let me guess...you got MARRIED, and the Duesenberg was your wedding car!

Craig

Actually in my dream I was just at a car show at some unspecific field and the car was leaving, the owner said "you want a ride?" and of course I did. 

I know you're not supposed to get into a stranger's car but it was a Duesenberg, I made an exception.

Of course it was also a dual cowl phaeton and in my dream the driver sat in the rear portion, the passengers in the front. Like I said, odd. 

I dream about cars a fair amount, but I've had two very bizarre car related dreams, and both had celebrity connections for absolutley no reason. The first one, I was in a huge garage with Betty White, and she was showing me a large collection of her beautiful antique Cadillacs in a tastefully furnished barn in the woods that I guess she owns in my mind?!? I remember in that dream it was snowing outside, and we were talking cars, and she was carrying her end of the conversation, no problem. That same night I had another dream where I was riding shotgun in an SL Merc roadster, like an R129 era model, along a beach on a warm sunny day and Candice Bergen was driving. We talked, but I can't remember what about. I must've fallen asleep in bed while my wife was watching Boston Legal or something. Who knows... eat your heart out Sigmund...