For Sale: 1933 Buick 60 Series 4dr Sedan - $22,900 - Johnson City, TN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1933 Buick 60 Series 4dr Sedan - $22,900 - Johnson City, TN

Antique Buick - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1933 Buick 269 60 Series - 4 Door Sedan. Off frame Restoration, 2,400 miles -good driver.

Copy and paste in your email:  7c94b34cc2d33d5e90474d78a3e820e3@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1933 Buick 60 Series 4dr Sedan

'33 Buick 60 TN a.jpg

'33 Buick 60 TN b.jpg

'33 Buick 60 TN c.jpg

'33 Buick 60 TN h.jpg

'33 Buick 60 TN d.jpg

'33 Buick 60 TN e.jpg

'33 Buick 60 TN f.jpg

'33 Buick 60 TN g.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fossil said:

That color must have been very popular back then. Reminds me of a Sugar Daddy candy bar. Otherwise it's beautiful. 

The real puzzler is those yellow wheels. Who would think that was a good idea?

Short of a repaint, maybe paint the wheels the fender color and change to blackwalls? Or?

• Like 2

Why was that color combination so popular in the 70s?I knew a guy was was restoring a 32 Cadillac in the 70s and he said he was going to paint it beige and chocolate.I think Hollywood has something to do with it like movies such as The Sting and Chinatown.

• Like 1

I don't think there are any beige/chocolate cars in "Chinatown."  I just watched it a few days ago.  Very nice cars, including of course Mrs. Mulray's gorgeous cream '37 Packard Victoria convertible and her husband's '37 Cadillac Fleetwood sedan.

"The Sting," on the other hand, does feature this '28 Buick:

Sting1.jpg.d6787d204e9163efc7dd92e0c2513e4a.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Buick35 said:

Why was that color combination so popular in the 70s?I knew a guy was was restoring a 32 Cadillac in the 70s and he said he was going to paint it beige and chocolate.I think Hollywood has something to do with it like movies such as The Sting and Chinatown.

The guy was probably trying to match his kitchen tile.

The '70's were rough. 

Some good music, though.

I have mentioned before, that a long-time best friend had a 1927 Cadillac in original two tone beige/brown. It really looked very nice! So, it was done back in the days. However, I don't think I have seen more than maybe a half dozen cars originally in such colors. It wasn't done often. 

I am not sure how some people choose their colors, but most such two-tones are way too orange or yellow, and to me look almost horrid. This Buick is not as bad as most. Still not right.

Edited by wayne sheldon
spotted a typo :( (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Could this be fixed just doing the baby shit brown to black maybe ? If anything, the color choices of the 70's are a good marker in time for restorations.  Now if 70's was this, what color choices were the 60"s?

Black.